Re: [ECHOLINKHAMS] Re: [Echolink-Open-List] 9-11 Net

  • KC4QLP@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 6, 2004

      And there anyone on that checkin has
      some thing to say he/she should be allowed to speak.I know with over
      1000 connected and in the 3 1/2 hrs it was impissible to get
      everyone on.I hope this september 11 net will be better and allow
      that.

      Bobby/N2BR

      Seems to me that whoever first thought of this net had the idea and suggestion to begin with, that the 9-11 net should have been an all day event....and not tryed to be squeezed into a 3 1/2 hour time period.

      Dont get me wrong...I'm not downing the net or what it stood/stands for.
      I do have objections to things other than ARRL bulletins,Amatuer Radio Newsline and the like to take on the appearance of being a one way transmission.
      Lets remember the "spirit" of part 97.

      If things are truely going to be restructured for this years event,there needs to be a time limit placed on comments and transmissions.--- 3 minutes max ---. Actually it would be nice to see this implemented and enforced on -ALL- nets. There are too many repeaters and RF links that operate on the 3 minute time limit rule.Folks need to realize that Echolink isnt just some internet chat program where you can talk "forever" without regard for the linked RF operations.
      Operators on Echolink need to treat conference servers,link and repeater nodes the same as if they were operating on their local repeater.Keep the transmissions short and to the point.

      I just can not justify taking the timer off of my machine just for a net via echolink.It [the nets] needs to follow the same operating procedures as a plain ol RF originated net.

      Bob Carter
      Operations/Engineering--Max Media Radio Group/NC Division
      WGAI-NewsRadio 560 AM Stereo .., WCXL 104.1 Beach 104..., WQDK 99.3
      Q-Country..., WWOC 94.5 WaterCountry 94.5
      Mid-Atlantic Engineering Services--providing radio stations with engineering
      services in the middle eastern Atlantic area.E-mail:MidAtlanticEngin@...

    • mdelink
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 6, 2004
        I would just like to say I am looking forward to the net. I have
        been deployed 24 out of the last 28 months since September and
        wasn't able to make the first two. I was at the Pentagon on Sept
        12th 2001 and from there sent to Iraq in 2003. So I will enjoy any
        thing you work out. Keep up the good work
        n3ypi

        --- In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, brradioman <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:

        > I agree but if a bulletin goes out that after the guest speakers
        > speak and start with checkin,And there anyone on that checkin has
        > some thing to say he/she should be allowed to speak.I know with
        over
        > 1000 connected and in the 3 1/2 hrs it was impissible to get
        > everyone on.I hope this september 11 net will be better and allow
        > that.
        >
        > Bobby/N2BR
        >
        > --- In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "worldwidemd"
        > <worldwidemd@y...> wrote:
        > > Personally I feel Len and the net control operators did the best
        > > they could with the time allowed. After the event myself and
        other
        > > net controls ops all agreed this years event should be an all
        day
        > > event so that people wishing to speak could. Considering the
        > amount
        > > off people that this net has brought together. Are biggest
        > challenge
        > > to the net was getting all the callsign's called off that had
        > > checked into the either as a checkin on echolink,eqso via the
        911
        > > web page, or e-mail. I dont understand how or why anyone would
        > want
        > > to find fault in such an outstanding success since this tragedy
        > > occured. As a sub netcontrol of the net for the last 2 years
        along
        > > with bobby/N2br. I agree changes needed to be made but when you
        > look
        > > at the numbers and time frame in which we had, we did the best
        we
        > > could. If anyone had better structuring idea's of the net they
        > > should have said something way before. I think everyone that
        > > participates in this years net will see major changes as
        Len,N2len
        > > has also stated personally that changes needed to be made to
        allow
        > > people throughout the world to speak and checkin verbaly via the
        > > net. It has been an honor to participate in such a net and
        > hopefully
        > > look forward to helping in any way possible in the future.
        > >

        > > --- In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, brradioman <no_reply@y...>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Well i was told that anyone had some thing to say to let
        > them,But
        > > > night the net started on msn message from n2len was there was
        no
        > > > time and wanted to get the guest speakers on and just read off
        > the
        > > > call we seen on the servers.Wow what a change from plans been
        > nice
        > > > to let those that had some thing to say be heard.I gess the
        > point
        > > > now of days is some of use hams are to be only seen and not
        > heard.
        > > >
        > > > Bobby/N2BR
        > > >

        > > > --- In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "kf4vgx" <kf4vgx@h...>
        > > like
        > when
        > this
        > > > year

        > > listen
        > > > daily
        > > the
        > turn
        > > > on

        > > > realization

        > > basic

        > so
        > > > much
        > > weeks
        > > > Citizen"
        > > > opinions ,not
        > > request
        > > conversations ,
        > > that
        > more
        > > > time

        > > listen
        > > > daily

        > want
        > > > all

      • kf4vgx
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 6, 2004
          You Sir and others like you are infact the the voice that needs to
          be heard !

          73 John kf4vgx