Re: new to echolink

  • loneeagle29
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
      so I can use echolink with just my puter until i get my new rig to
      run it with? i am running a P4 3.2 with 1 gig of hyperX kingston
      memory and have the sound blaster audigy 2 Platinum sound card
      thanks for the help

      brad kb4hog

      --- In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "worldwidemd" <worldwidemd@y...>
      wrote:
      > ---All you need to run echolink is a computer. If your talking a
      link
      > to your radio,you will need a radio,antenna, and an interface of
      some
      > type. As a new user I recommend the rascal interface. Its cheap
      comes
      > prewired and works very well.
      >

      > In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "loneeagle29" <loneeagle29@y...>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > I am just starting to research echolink and was wandering besides
      > > downloading the program and all what kind of equipment are we
      > talking
      > > about to run echolink. will a yaesu ft 8900r work or do i need
      > > something commerical. any and all help will be greatly
      appriciated.

      > > 73 brad
    • kf4vgx
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
        Yes you can Brad welcome to Echolink :).

        John KF4VGX
        "loneeagle29" <loneeagle29@y...> wrote:
        > so I can use echolink with just my puter until i get my new rig to
        > run it with? i am running a P4 3.2 with 1 gig of hyperX kingston
        > memory and have the sound blaster audigy 2 Platinum sound card
        > thanks for the help
        >
        > brad kb4hog
        >

        > --- In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "worldwidemd"
        <worldwidemd@y...>
        > wrote:
        > > ---All you need to run echolink is a computer. If your talking a
        > link
        > > to your radio,you will need a radio,antenna, and an interface of
        > some
        > > type. As a new user I recommend the rascal interface. Its cheap
        > comes
        > > prewired and works very well.
        > >

        > > In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "loneeagle29" <loneeagle29@y...>
        > > wrote:
        > > >

        > > > I am just starting to research echolink and was wandering
        besides
        > > > downloading the program and all what kind of equipment are we
        > > talking
        > > > about to run echolink. will a yaesu ft 8900r work or do i need
        > > > something commerical. any and all help will be greatly
        > appriciated.
        > > >

        > > > 73 brad
      • Edward Buckland
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 24, 2008
          hello. my name is Ed (KI4URN). i just joined the group. i've had
          echolink on my computer for about a year now (node:335121)peer to peer
          but never used it. i believe it's time to start using it. i enjoy ham
          radio. i'm on 2 meters most of the time. i've been a two way radio
          repair tech for 48 years. always thought about ham radio but never did
          it until about 1.5 years ago. any help with echolink here is greatly
          appreciated and i hope i can meet many friends. thanks for letting me in.
          Ed
          KI4URN