Re: new to echolink

  • worldwidemd
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
      ---All you need to run echolink is a computer. If your talking a link
      to your radio,you will need a radio,antenna, and an interface of some
      type. As a new user I recommend the rascal interface. Its cheap comes
      prewired and works very well.

      In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "loneeagle29" <loneeagle29@y...>
      wrote:

      > I am just starting to research echolink and was wandering besides
      > downloading the program and all what kind of equipment are we
      talking
      > about to run echolink. will a yaesu ft 8900r work or do i need
      > something commerical. any and all help will be greatly appriciated.
      >

      > 73 brad
    • loneeagle29
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
        so I can use echolink with just my puter until i get my new rig to
        run it with? i am running a P4 3.2 with 1 gig of hyperX kingston
        memory and have the sound blaster audigy 2 Platinum sound card
        thanks for the help

        brad kb4hog

        --- In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "worldwidemd" <worldwidemd@y...>
        wrote:
        > ---All you need to run echolink is a computer. If your talking a
        link
        > to your radio,you will need a radio,antenna, and an interface of
        some
        > type. As a new user I recommend the rascal interface. Its cheap
        comes
        > prewired and works very well.
        >

        > In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "loneeagle29" <loneeagle29@y...>
        > wrote:
        > >

        > > I am just starting to research echolink and was wandering besides
        > > downloading the program and all what kind of equipment are we
        > talking
        > > about to run echolink. will a yaesu ft 8900r work or do i need
        > > something commerical. any and all help will be greatly
        appriciated.

        > > 73 brad
      • kf4vgx
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
          Yes you can Brad welcome to Echolink :).

          John KF4VGX
          "loneeagle29" <loneeagle29@y...> wrote:
          > so I can use echolink with just my puter until i get my new rig to
          > run it with? i am running a P4 3.2 with 1 gig of hyperX kingston
          > memory and have the sound blaster audigy 2 Platinum sound card
          > thanks for the help
          >
          > brad kb4hog
          >

          > --- In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "worldwidemd"
          <worldwidemd@y...>
          > wrote:
          > > ---All you need to run echolink is a computer. If your talking a
          > link
          > > to your radio,you will need a radio,antenna, and an interface of
          > some
          > > type. As a new user I recommend the rascal interface. Its cheap
          > comes
          > > prewired and works very well.
          > >

          > > In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "loneeagle29" <loneeagle29@y...>
          > > wrote:
          > > >

          > > > I am just starting to research echolink and was wandering
          besides
          > > > downloading the program and all what kind of equipment are we
          > > talking
          > > > about to run echolink. will a yaesu ft 8900r work or do i need
          > > > something commerical. any and all help will be greatly
          > appriciated.
          > > >

          > > > 73 brad
        • Edward Buckland
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 24, 2008
            hello. my name is Ed (KI4URN). i just joined the group. i've had
            echolink on my computer for about a year now (node:335121)peer to peer
            but never used it. i believe it's time to start using it. i enjoy ham
            radio. i'm on 2 meters most of the time. i've been a two way radio
            repair tech for 48 years. always thought about ham radio but never did
            it until about 1.5 years ago. any help with echolink here is greatly
            appreciated and i hope i can meet many friends. thanks for letting me in.
            Ed
            KI4URN