new to echolink

  • loneeagle29
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
      I am just starting to research echolink and was wandering besides
      downloading the program and all what kind of equipment are we talking
      about to run echolink. will a yaesu ft 8900r work or do i need
      something commerical. any and all help will be greatly appriciated.

      73 brad
    • worldwidemd
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
        ---All you need to run echolink is a computer. If your talking a link
        to your radio,you will need a radio,antenna, and an interface of some
        type. As a new user I recommend the rascal interface. Its cheap comes
        prewired and works very well.

        In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "loneeagle29" <loneeagle29@y...>
        wrote:

        > I am just starting to research echolink and was wandering besides
        > downloading the program and all what kind of equipment are we
        talking
        > about to run echolink. will a yaesu ft 8900r work or do i need
        > something commerical. any and all help will be greatly appriciated.
        >

        > 73 brad
      • loneeagle29
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
          so I can use echolink with just my puter until i get my new rig to
          run it with? i am running a P4 3.2 with 1 gig of hyperX kingston
          memory and have the sound blaster audigy 2 Platinum sound card
          thanks for the help

          brad kb4hog

          --- In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "worldwidemd" <worldwidemd@y...>
          wrote:
          > ---All you need to run echolink is a computer. If your talking a
          link
          > to your radio,you will need a radio,antenna, and an interface of
          some
          > type. As a new user I recommend the rascal interface. Its cheap
          comes
          > prewired and works very well.
          >

          > In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "loneeagle29" <loneeagle29@y...>
          > wrote:
          > >

          > > I am just starting to research echolink and was wandering besides
          > > downloading the program and all what kind of equipment are we
          > talking
          > > about to run echolink. will a yaesu ft 8900r work or do i need
          > > something commerical. any and all help will be greatly
          appriciated.

          > > 73 brad
        • kf4vgx
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
            Yes you can Brad welcome to Echolink :).

            John KF4VGX
            "loneeagle29" <loneeagle29@y...> wrote:
            > so I can use echolink with just my puter until i get my new rig to
            > run it with? i am running a P4 3.2 with 1 gig of hyperX kingston
            > memory and have the sound blaster audigy 2 Platinum sound card
            > thanks for the help
            >
            > brad kb4hog
            >

            > --- In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "worldwidemd"
            <worldwidemd@y...>
            > wrote:
            > > ---All you need to run echolink is a computer. If your talking a
            > link
            > > to your radio,you will need a radio,antenna, and an interface of
            > some
            > > type. As a new user I recommend the rascal interface. Its cheap
            > comes
            > > prewired and works very well.
            > >

            > > In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "loneeagle29" <loneeagle29@y...>
            > > wrote:
            > > >

            > > > I am just starting to research echolink and was wandering
            besides
            > > > downloading the program and all what kind of equipment are we
            > > talking
            > > > about to run echolink. will a yaesu ft 8900r work or do i need
            > > > something commerical. any and all help will be greatly
            > appriciated.
            > > >

            > > > 73 brad
          • Edward Buckland
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 24, 2008
              hello. my name is Ed (KI4URN). i just joined the group. i've had
              echolink on my computer for about a year now (node:335121)peer to peer
              but never used it. i believe it's time to start using it. i enjoy ham
              radio. i'm on 2 meters most of the time. i've been a two way radio
              repair tech for 48 years. always thought about ham radio but never did
              it until about 1.5 years ago. any help with echolink here is greatly
              appreciated and i hope i can meet many friends. thanks for letting me in.
              Ed
              KI4URN