ECHOLINK/IRLP Echoirlp? WAR!

  • worldwidemd
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 10:41 AM
      Dont know what I have been missing the last few weeks do to extra
      hours at work. But it seems there have been several issue's within
      the family of ham radio VOIP operaters. To the point echolink/irlp or
      echoirlp nodes. Dont know what I have been missing could someone
      please fill me in?
    • kf4vgx
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1 3:46 PM
        Well nothing to bad it seems when you post on the Echolink board if
        its not in the click to some of the moderators pull your post, As I
        have been told by a few moderators on that board they don't know why
        the post were pulled as it was without insults . The problem with the
        EchoIrlp was simple no one at that time was giving information on
        how this new voip was to work on our links and Repeaters . A few Irlp
        nodes took offense to this and the discussion heated but no one threw
        insults at that time there have been a few passed now but its slowly
        coming around .I think the whole problem was a lack of information
        given to the computer and Sysop owners . We tried to join this group
        we we're denied as we were not Irlp sysops there for we were not
        allowed membership to the discussions. At the present day there is
        still alot of confusion going around as to how this will work , I
        have had several emails sent to me with information so I'm starting
        to understand . As most of us downloaded Echolink the computer
        users see EchoIrlp on the screen and thinks I can connect up to the
        Irlp and talk to my ham friends only to find out it won't work. Can't
        don't work that way . Or they See's a post like this :
        "ian abel" <g3zhi@h...>
        Date: Mon Mar 1, 2004 7:56 am
        Subject: GB3PZ first breakfast meeting

        GB3PZ first breakfast meeting

        The first GB3PZ User's breakfast get together took place at 1030am on
        Saturday 28th February 2004 at the Hunters Tavern on Acres Lane,
        Stalybridge.

        Around 25 local radio amateurs were able to enjoy a delicious full
        breakfast whilst chatting with other users of the repeater, many
        meeting face to face for the first time.

        The next monthly meeting will be held at the same place on Saturday
        March 27th 2004

        For more info contact Ian G4ZPZ
        I can't go to Hunters Tavern on Acres Lane,
        Stalybridge to get information . Why not just explain to hams how it
        works ? I'll bet the breakfast was good though :)It would save alot
        of confusion. Well as I said I understand for the most part how this
        EchoIrlp works ,but I sure feel bad for the hams linking up and
        seeing EchoIrlp on the Echolink board. Then there saying whats this
        its not in the help files I downloaded on Echolink ? Even if I were
        to put this on my repeater I would hate to have to explain to all the
        folks that visit Myrtle Beach . Look this is how it works , Its a
        great idea just no documentation given to the Echolink user . The
        nets are starting to have Little spats now where one guy from the
        Irlp side tells the Echolink user there is no reason to let the
        Repeaters drop but as a courtesy to the Echolnk Repeaters we do let
        em drop for those not setup like the Irlp nodes are . 73 John KF4VGX