New types of Nets. Traffic Net

  • kf4vgx
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2004
      I was wondering if a traffic Net would be good for Echolink?
      I can see where traffic could be passed in each area . One Ham logs
      the traffic and gives the traffic to hams on local Repeaters with out
      Echolink on them . I get two or three connects a week here in Myrtle
      Beach looking for fellow hams in this area . In fact I have started
      passing traffic to local nets and in return getting a nice thank you
      for my efforts ,sure feels good to do something for fellow hams .
      The N2br Traders net is a great net and is one of the larger nets on
      Echolink and I do like the way bob calls the net .It keeps good order
      to the net and we have learned from this . You might say we could
      pass traffic any way without a
      net . Yes But a net would be better way to do this. Put a time on it
      and locals will start listening for it looking for old friends again.
      Gives the sysops in different locations a chance to settle down a bit
      to help pass this traffic . Net controls are on big demand and
      respect , Help us help Hams . I know your out there :) . Two years
      ago I was the talk of the ham community in this area . Most of it was
      a bad rap by a few local club members. Now 2 years later I get
      invitations to join this very club from several of its members .
      Time's are changing :)

      p.s. Sorry for typo's never type when your tired , lol

      KF4VGX Node 3702 M.B.S.C.