The "Other Group"

  • kf4vgx
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2004
      From: "John" <jbjb@u...>

      Subject: The "Other Group"

      I miss your discussions on the other group. It seems the only thing
      they have left to talk about are router problems. I have a few brief
      comments on what has happened. It is not meant to hurt anyone, but is
      the way I feel so I might as well bring it out in the open.

      1. First of all I live in a valley totally surrounded by Mtns. The
      closest big town is Las Vegas which is 65 miles away, but we cant
      talk to them on UHF/VHF because we are totally blocked by the
      Mountains.

      2. Several years ago while travelling in California I made friends
      with several IRLP Node operators, but when I returned to Pahrump I
      had no way to keep in contact with them. So you can picture my JOY
      when I saw echoIRLP for the first time. Of course you can also
      imagine how disappointed I was when someone explained what it was.
      WHOEVER THOUGHT UP THAT NAME SHOULD BE SHOT!!!!!! The average Ham
      radio operator has no idea what it is.

      3. The only people that could have taken any offense to "Other
      discussion" was IRLP people and if they consider us to be so far
      beneath them, what are they doing in our group.

      4. Since this was a discuussion regarding Echolink and the pitfalls
      of IRLP how could they INFLUENCE the GROUP GODS to ban Echolinkers
      from the Echolink site. Healthy discussion is good if the IRLP people
      took offense, then they must be GUILTY.

      5. I have a problem I have a ROTO ROOTER can anyone tell how to route
      in through my Toilet Bowl, into my RADIO so I can see what HAPPENS.

      John in Nevada
      KD7POE