The "Other Group"
- From: "John" <jbjb@u...>
Subject: The "Other Group"
I miss your discussions on the other group. It seems the only thing
they have left to talk about are router problems. I have a few brief
comments on what has happened. It is not meant to hurt anyone, but is
the way I feel so I might as well bring it out in the open.
1. First of all I live in a valley totally surrounded by Mtns. The
closest big town is Las Vegas which is 65 miles away, but we cant
talk to them on UHF/VHF because we are totally blocked by the
2. Several years ago while travelling in California I made friends
with several IRLP Node operators, but when I returned to Pahrump I
had no way to keep in contact with them. So you can picture my JOY
when I saw echoIRLP for the first time. Of course you can also
imagine how disappointed I was when someone explained what it was.
WHOEVER THOUGHT UP THAT NAME SHOULD BE SHOT!!!!!! The average Ham
radio operator has no idea what it is.
3. The only people that could have taken any offense to "Other
discussion" was IRLP people and if they consider us to be so far
beneath them, what are they doing in our group.
4. Since this was a discuussion regarding Echolink and the pitfalls
of IRLP how could they INFLUENCE the GROUP GODS to ban Echolinkers
from the Echolink site. Healthy discussion is good if the IRLP people
took offense, then they must be GUILTY.
5. I have a problem I have a ROTO ROOTER can anyone tell how to route
in through my Toilet Bowl, into my RADIO so I can see what HAPPENS.
John in Nevada