Best router for ECHOLiNK?

  • Demetre SV1UY
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2004
      i all,

      What is the best router that works troublefree with ECHOLINK?

      I have an SMC Barricade 7404BRB connecting my home LAN to my ADSL
      256/128 line and I get a lot of disconnects when operating ECHOLINK
      and also a lot of broken voices, since this router seems to me that it
      considers ECHOLINK incoming packets as intruder packets, due to its
      tight rules for DOS attacks etc. Yes I have followed the proposed by
      ECHOLINK webpages firewall rules for SMC routers but no joy.

      When I disable the firewall of this ADSL router, ECHOLINK works
      without any trouble. Strange but true.

      I have tried to tweek this SMC router of mine but no results. I cannot
      find any information and an e-mail to SMC did not solve my problem
      either. They told me to phone their HOTLINES all over Europe but when
      they hear about ECHOLINK they do not know.

      This router has a special setting for H323 protocol, but when I setup
      UPD timeout to the same value as for H323, it does not seem to help.

      I am all mixed -up. Any ideas please?

      73 de Demetre SV1UY
    • kf4vgx
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 18, 2004
        I have used a linksys 2.4 ghz for well over two years trouble free
        going through a Wb2rem board also trouble free.