New Hams...Ham wanting to upgrade....Let us help...www.hamradiohelp.com

  • Don
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2004
      New? Upgrading? or Hams that want to help others?

      First thanks for letting me post here to the group.....just a
      friendly invite to a related group that some of you might be
      interested in.......Ham Radio Help Group....ALL are WELCOME! If you
      are new to Ham Radio, a current Ham wanting support on upgrading, or
      a Ham that would just like to help by supporting someone direct or
      mabye providing study
      material then please give Ham Radio Help Group a look over (we
      usually have someone giving out FREE study material every so often
      also....current FREE items in our "Polls" is a couple General Study
      books, straight key, Ham Radio Help CDs, FREE 2 year subscription to
      HamTestOnLine....Join in and put your name in the hat!). So far a
      great
      group of good diverse folks from those new to Ham Radio asking
      questions to get involved to current Hams upgrading or giving
      advice! Here are a few facts about the group thus far:

      - 700 members and growing
      - 3500 message posts in just a few months....very active group so if
      you join in please set your mail code to "daily digest", "Special
      Notice Only" or "NO Mail" and read posts on line because on busy test
      weekends we have averaged 100 posts in just a few days!
      - Members giving and receiving FREE study materials so check
      our "Polls" and posts (study materials like ARRL/Gordon West Tech,
      Gen, Extra books..or code study tapes etc)
      - Many members getting their first Ham Tech tickets and just starting
      out......sharing testing times and support of members passing tests
      is encouraged (over 60 members upgraded in just a few months!)
      - Group has 5 moderators to motivate the group
      - Sunday Group ChatNight and also EchoLink Net - 8pm cst (open to all
      so even those that are not Hams can participate one on one and ask
      direct questions or meet members)
      - Many message posts on study help ideas, support, station building,
      basics, etc
      - Check out our Calendar, Links, Database and Files sections also

      The main purpose of the group is to support those wanting to get
      licensed, upgrade, or Ham willing to help with advice or pass study
      material along (no negative, no political posts...support only).
      This group is focused on promoting Ham Radio in a positive way so if
      this sounds like something you might be interested in please join in!

      HTTP://WWW.HAMRADIOHELP.COM

      http://hamradiohelp-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      de kb9umt Don