Re: [ECHOLINKHAMS] Question (may be stupid)

  • Antone D Duarte Jr
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2004
      Hello Bryan

      If the net is on a server or on a link that doesn't send a connect message you will not transmit or make a system transmit unless you push your selected PTT. There is a feature that I do think everyone should use when just listening is the listen only in the tools menu.  Many times we have ran nets and had people on computers keying up and tie up the system and not even know it.  I also suggest to change the PTT to momentary and move it to the plus sign on the keypad.  (if not on a laptop)  This way its harder to key over a net.  Also many times on the bigger nets you are asked to go on a linked server that has all stations muted.  This is great for the operation because it gives people out of the disaster area the chance to hear what's going on but not key up by accident and will no longer take up the bandwidth of the connections that are using the VoIP system to communicate.  I hope this helps... Any more questions please let me know...

      Antone D Duarte Jr N1XRS
      Assistant Emergency Coordinator
      SEMARA ARES Team