[ECHOLINKHAMS] Re: DIALUP ROCKS

  • J. Moen (K0ZXU/6)
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2004
      My understanding is each connection requires about 17K bandwidth, so depending on your own net effective dialup bandwidth, you can get one, maybe two connections with no dropped audio packets.  Some with really clean phone lines might get three.  As an PC user of EchoLink over dialup, it's probably best not to allow multiple connections, or at least experiment with what your modem and phone service will support.