Happy New Year and a place to find FREE Study material

  • Don
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2003
      FREE code tapes, General book and a group interested in helping
      GE:

      First Happy Holidays to all and thanks for letting me post here.
      Just a note to some of you that might be interested in Ham Radio as
      new or to upgrade.....we have a group that is dedicated to help those
      interested in becoming Hams or advancing in Ham Radio....so much so
      we have FREE give aways from time to time to try to HELP those out
      wanting to advance in Ham Radio. Here is some info:

      Current giveaways in our "Polls" area ...a Gordon West General study
      book.....a set of Gordon West code/cw learning tapes 5-13wpm.....a
      $15 coupon towards a "new" ARRL membership (these Polls end on
      1/20/04....so put your name in the hat!).

      other info about the group:

      - About 550 members and growing!
      - We have 5 moderators to keep members, message posts motivated but
      also keep those that don't belong with bad taste messages, links or
      comments out.
      - We try to motivate people and help them pass and find a place to
      take there first Ham Radio VE test exam....also we like to post
      testing dates of members.
      - Over 60 members passing taking and passing tests in the last 6
      months
      - Thanks to some generous Hams some 38 study items have been given
      away FREE
      - Over 6,700 message posts in the few months we have started this
      group
      - Sunday Nights at 8pm CST or 1:00UTC is our "Chat Night" and we have
      from 7 to 14 members usually check in.
      - Every other Sunday Night at 8pm CST or 1:00UTC is our "EchoLink
      Night" were those new or old in Ham Radio get hooked up via Echolink.

      Everyone is welcome so if you have time you are all WELCOME in the
      group (this group is active with average message posts of 1,000 a
      month so set your email settings to "daily digest" or "no email" and
      read online).

      http://hamradiohelp.com

      de kb9umt Don
      Ham Radio Help Group - owner