Rascal GLX Internet Interface.

  • gealsc
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2003
      Does anyone have any pro or con`s or experance regarding this
      interface?
    • J. M. Moen
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2003
        I have on.  I got the cable to interface with my TS-2000's accessory connector.  Works great.  Connected it up and it started working first time.  I like the fact that it uses a software-driven PTT, rather than a VOX circuit, so my transceiver doesn't start transmitting if Windows puts out a system sound and I don't have to twiddle with VOX settings.  So far I've used it with PSK31 software, rig memory software and rig control software.  And for transceivers with an accessory socket, it means you don't have to mess with the mike connector.

        Note that the PTT line requires use of a serial port on your PC.  If you don't have a spare serial port, get an extra one for $5-10.  It's worth it to get the software-driven PTT control for PSK31 software, or if you plan to run Sysop mode for EchoLink.
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 11, 2003
          Thanks for you info, was looking at it for maybe Echo-Link but just
          have dial - up at this point in time.
          73
          Geary KF7SN
          Heath_Kit Amps. Yahoo Group