MAJOR Mic Problem

  • Patrick Cook, KB0OXD
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2003
      Hi everyone:

      This one has me STUMPED!

      I just recently upgraded my SoundBlaster from an old PCI 512 to the new SoundBlaster Audigy.  I've got my Optimus mic plugged in and unmuted and set to a reasonable level.  But yet on EVERY audio capturing application I have (INCLUDING eQSO), the audio sounds fine if not GREAT.  But on EchoLink, it sounds like I'm on an HT with a rubber duck inside a car doing 80 down the interstate.

      I can't figure it out.

      I've tried the ECHOTEST server and actual LIVE conversation between two PC users plus myself.  Both resulted in the same thing.  Choppy audio.

      Yet, I can talk on eQSO and my audio would be perfectly receivable and readable.  Mind you, this was on the main eQSO server and NOT my own.

      I've tried manipulating the levels from within Windows Volume Control AND the Surround Mixer.  No luck.  I just don't get it.  I even swung the PC and network buffers in BOTH directions in TOOLS>SETUP>AUDIO.  Even THAT didn't help.

      Is there a known technical issue or bug between EchoLink and the SoundBlaster Audigy that I don't know about?

      Sure could use some help in resolving this....  :-(

      Meanwhile, since we now have the Colorado Statewide Conference Server online, I shall defer to whoever runs that server instead of putting *ROCKYMTN* back online (unless users demand it  :-)).

      Cheers for now & 73  :-)

      Patrick Cook, KB0OXD
      KB0OXD CyberShack Webmaster
      Owner - EchoLink Node 19905
      Rocky Mountain eQSO Conference Server - milehigh.dns2go.com (Port 10024)
      Co-Moderator - ARAAN (Amateur Radio AMBER Alert Network) Discussion Group
      kb0oxd@...
      kb0oxd@...
      Denver, Colorado  USA  Grid Square - DM79
      http://www.qsl.net/kb0oxd/