*ROCKYMTN* Now Bakc To Just Plain Ol' *KB0OXD*

  • Patrick Cook, KB0OXD
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2003
      Hi everyone:

      Just wanna pass the word that the *ROCKYMTN* Server is NO MORE.  It will instead be replaced by a conference node bearing my call.  This is because I only have ONE public IP address and CANNOT afford to pay for another (Plus I doubt Comcast would even go through the trouble anyway, but that's another story  :-)).

      It uses the standard EchoLink client with me listed (currently) as a PC user and is capable of handling 2 simultaneous connections (I would go higher than that, but since this is the first time I've used the EchoLink client since my memory upgrade that I can recall, I wanna take it easy on my machine and gradually increase the number of users over a period of time  :-)).  My goal, of course, is to put an RF link on the air using one of those RASCAL Interface Boards when I get one.  But until I can get the $$$ to get one, I'm still a PC user for now.  :-)

      Cheers & 73 for now  :-)

      Patrick Cook, KB0OXD
      KB0OXD CyberShack Webmaster
      Owner - EchoLink Node 19905
      Rocky Mountain eQSO Conference Server - milehigh.dns2go.com (Port 10024)
      Co-Moderator - ARAAN (Amateur Radio AMBER Alert Network) Discussion Group
      kb0oxd@...
      kb0oxd@...
      Denver, Colorado  USA  Grid Square - DM79
      http://www.qsl.net/kb0oxd/