Re: Interfaces

  • moenmail
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2003
      I also use the "Rascal" GLX Mark V interface. I like it because the
      software actively triggers PTT rather than an outboard VOX circuit.
      While this does use an extra serial port, it means your transmitter
      will be keyed only when EchoLink wants it to, not when some
      unexpected System sound comes out the sound card.

      I ordered a cable for my transceiver's auxiliary connector, so I
      don't have to unplug the microphone, etc.

      When it arrived, I opened the box, hooked it up to my soundcard and
      transceiver, and had DigiPan PSK31 and EchoLink working within a few
      minutes.

      --- In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "John N4SHX" <john.fish@v...>
      wrote:
      > George, try this: I bought two from these people, for two different
      radios....They came highly recommended....

      > http://www.packetradio.com/rascalmkv.htm
      >
      > Good Luck!
      >
      > 73's de John, N4SHX, Durham, NC, USA

      PSK and