Re: [ECHOLINKHAMS] Link Question

  • Kim Wells
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 23, 2003
      Mr Mitchell,

      This is not meant to be a flippant reply........  What are my options with the link?

      Can I use a single residential DSL line to a single computer that can simultaneously control a vhf and uhf radio that will access the local repeaters?  Will I need two lines? Two computers?  Will the dynamic IP addresses be a problem?

      I have looked at both the IRLP & Echolink websites and understand a little of it, but this area is not one of my strengths.

      Thanks,
      Kim

      At 11:23 AM 10/23/03 -0400, you wrote:
      depends on what you want to do with the link!
      if you have an access point at the repeater site, then you can choose
      various options as to what system (or systems) you want to use to on
      the repeaters.
      www.irlp.net
      www.echolink.org

      KD4EFM / AFA2TH USAF MARS
      Evans F. Mitchell
      IRLP NODE 4156
      irlp.kd4efm.org
      http://www.kd4efm.org/IRLP

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 23, 2003
        In a message dated 10/23/03 2:34:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time, seame@... writes:

        This is not meant to be a flippant reply........  What are my options with the link?

        Can I use a single residential DSL line to a single computer that can simultaneously control a vhf and uhf radio that will access the local repeaters?  Will I need two lines? Two computers?  Will the dynamic IP addresses be a problem?

        I have looked at both the IRLP &Echolink websites and understand a little of it, but this area is not one of my strengths.

        Thanks,
        Kim

        Hello Kim!

        In order to have two links setup on Echolink...you'll need two different public IP addresses.The DSL connections works great if you are looking to be able to handle more than one simultaneous conection to your link from the internet side.

        Bob Carter
        Operations/Engineering--Max Media Radio Group
        WGAI-NewsRadio 560 AM Stereo .., WCXL 104.1 Beach 104..., WQDK 99.3
        Q-Country..., WWOC 94.5 WaterCountry 94.5
        Mid-Atlantic Engineering Services--providing radio stations with engineering
        services in the middle eastern Atlantic area.
        e-mail:matlnenginerinsc@...,MidAtlanticEngin@...

                        Skywarn monitor-AKQ-Wakefield Va
                                   www.qsl.net/kc4qlp
        Echolink node # 56703 -- 145.250 VHF,440.850 UHF (PL 131.8)