Re: [ECHOLINKHAMS] Link Question

  • Evans Mitchell kd4efm / afa2th fl
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 23, 2003
      depends on what you want to do with the link!
      if you have an access point at the repeater site, then you can choose
      various options as to what system (or systems) you want to use to on
      the repeaters.

      KD4EFM / AFA2TH USAF MARS
      Evans F. Mitchell
      IRLP NODE 4156
      irlp.kd4efm.org
      http://www.kd4efm.org/IRLP

      Signed: Evans F. Mitchell kd4efm at arrl.net
    • Kim Wells
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 23, 2003
        Mr Mitchell,

        This is not meant to be a flippant reply........  What are my options with the link?

        Can I use a single residential DSL line to a single computer that can simultaneously control a vhf and uhf radio that will access the local repeaters?  Will I need two lines? Two computers?  Will the dynamic IP addresses be a problem?

        I have looked at both the IRLP & Echolink websites and understand a little of it, but this area is not one of my strengths.

        Thanks,
        Kim

        At 11:23 AM 10/23/03 -0400, you wrote:
        depends on what you want to do with the link!
        if you have an access point at the repeater site, then you can choose
        various options as to what system (or systems) you want to use to on
        the repeaters.
        www.irlp.net
        www.echolink.org

        KD4EFM / AFA2TH USAF MARS
        Evans F. Mitchell
        IRLP NODE 4156
        irlp.kd4efm.org
        http://www.kd4efm.org/IRLP

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 23, 2003
          In a message dated 10/23/03 2:34:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time, seame@... writes:

          This is not meant to be a flippant reply........  What are my options with the link?

          Can I use a single residential DSL line to a single computer that can simultaneously control a vhf and uhf radio that will access the local repeaters?  Will I need two lines? Two computers?  Will the dynamic IP addresses be a problem?

          I have looked at both the IRLP &Echolink websites and understand a little of it, but this area is not one of my strengths.

          Thanks,
          Kim

          Hello Kim!

          In order to have two links setup on Echolink...you'll need two different public IP addresses.The DSL connections works great if you are looking to be able to handle more than one simultaneous conection to your link from the internet side.

          Bob Carter
          Operations/Engineering--Max Media Radio Group
          WGAI-NewsRadio 560 AM Stereo .., WCXL 104.1 Beach 104..., WQDK 99.3
          Q-Country..., WWOC 94.5 WaterCountry 94.5
          Mid-Atlantic Engineering Services--providing radio stations with engineering
          services in the middle eastern Atlantic area.
          e-mail:matlnenginerinsc@...,MidAtlanticEngin@...

                          Skywarn monitor-AKQ-Wakefield Va
                                     www.qsl.net/kc4qlp
          Echolink node # 56703 -- 145.250 VHF,440.850 UHF (PL 131.8)