Link Question

  • Kim Wells
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 23, 2003
      Hello to the Group,

      I am in the process of putting together a pair of links to access the VHF
      and UHF repeaters in the Ocean City, MD area.

      Can I use a single DSL line to a single computer to control a pair of radios?

      Thanks for the help,
      73,
      Kim Wells, K3OCM
      k3ocm@...
      Ocean City, Maryland, USA [FM28lj] - Home & Work
    • Evans Mitchell kd4efm / afa2th fl
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 23, 2003
        depends on what you want to do with the link!
        if you have an access point at the repeater site, then you can choose
        various options as to what system (or systems) you want to use to on
        the repeaters.

        KD4EFM / AFA2TH USAF MARS
        Evans F. Mitchell
        IRLP NODE 4156
        irlp.kd4efm.org
        http://www.kd4efm.org/IRLP

        Signed: Evans F. Mitchell kd4efm at arrl.net
      • Kim Wells
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 23, 2003
          Mr Mitchell,

          This is not meant to be a flippant reply........  What are my options with the link?

          Can I use a single residential DSL line to a single computer that can simultaneously control a vhf and uhf radio that will access the local repeaters?  Will I need two lines? Two computers?  Will the dynamic IP addresses be a problem?

          I have looked at both the IRLP & Echolink websites and understand a little of it, but this area is not one of my strengths.

          Thanks,
          Kim

          At 11:23 AM 10/23/03 -0400, you wrote:
          depends on what you want to do with the link!
          if you have an access point at the repeater site, then you can choose
          various options as to what system (or systems) you want to use to on
          the repeaters.
          www.irlp.net
          www.echolink.org

          KD4EFM / AFA2TH USAF MARS
          Evans F. Mitchell
          IRLP NODE 4156
          irlp.kd4efm.org
          http://www.kd4efm.org/IRLP

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 23, 2003
            In a message dated 10/23/03 2:34:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time, seame@... writes:

            This is not meant to be a flippant reply........  What are my options with the link?

            Can I use a single residential DSL line to a single computer that can simultaneously control a vhf and uhf radio that will access the local repeaters?  Will I need two lines? Two computers?  Will the dynamic IP addresses be a problem?

            I have looked at both the IRLP &Echolink websites and understand a little of it, but this area is not one of my strengths.

            Thanks,
            Kim

            Hello Kim!

            In order to have two links setup on Echolink...you'll need two different public IP addresses.The DSL connections works great if you are looking to be able to handle more than one simultaneous conection to your link from the internet side.

            Bob Carter
            Operations/Engineering--Max Media Radio Group
            WGAI-NewsRadio 560 AM Stereo .., WCXL 104.1 Beach 104..., WQDK 99.3
            Q-Country..., WWOC 94.5 WaterCountry 94.5
            Mid-Atlantic Engineering Services--providing radio stations with engineering
            services in the middle eastern Atlantic area.
            e-mail:matlnenginerinsc@...,MidAtlanticEngin@...

                            Skywarn monitor-AKQ-Wakefield Va
                                       www.qsl.net/kc4qlp
            Echolink node # 56703 -- 145.250 VHF,440.850 UHF (PL 131.8)