Re: [ECHOLINKHAMS] Interfaces

  • John N4SHX
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 11, 2003
      George, try this: I bought two from these people, for two different radios....They came highly recommended....

      Good Luck!

      73's de John, N4SHX, Durham, NC, USA

      All incoming and outgoing Email is scanned by Norton Anti Virus 2003
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2003
        I also use the "Rascal" GLX Mark V interface. I like it because the
        software actively triggers PTT rather than an outboard VOX circuit.
        While this does use an extra serial port, it means your transmitter
        will be keyed only when EchoLink wants it to, not when some
        unexpected System sound comes out the sound card.

        I ordered a cable for my transceiver's auxiliary connector, so I
        don't have to unplug the microphone, etc.

        When it arrived, I opened the box, hooked it up to my soundcard and
        transceiver, and had DigiPan PSK31 and EchoLink working within a few
        minutes.

        --- In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "John N4SHX" <john.fish@v...>