Re: [ECHOLINKHAMS] Sorry for the confusion!

  • John N4SHX
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2003
      Who made Echolink an experimental program???? If anyone can get ahold of an SERA (Southeastern Repeater Association) Journal and read their position on Echolink links youll find that their position is that you can use any allocated simplex frequency provided another service is not already using it on a full time basis. They also recommend the 440MHZ simplex frequencies, as there are mote of them available.

      Enuf said.

      John N4SHX

      All Outgoing and Incoming Mail is scanned by Norton Anti Viru
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2003
        ---Well John nobody says it has to be there. But to go around the
        whole ordeal and not cause a big bunch of bull this is what I
        suggest. Here in my county there are already 3 simplex links in the
        area to avoid a big mess and making a fuss several of us have moved

        In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "John N4SHX" <john.fish@v...> wrote:
        > Who made Echolink an experimental program???? If anyone can get
        ahold of an SERA (Southeastern Repeater Association) Journal and read
        their position on Echolink links youll find that their position is
        that you can use any allocated simplex frequency provided another
        service is not already using it on a full time basis. They also
        recommend the 440MHZ simplex frequencies, as there are mote of them
        available.

        > Enuf said.
        >
        > John N4SHX
        >

        > All Outgoing and Incoming Mail is scanned by Norton Anti Viru

        Service.
      • John N4SHX
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 5, 2003
          I would have those "complainers" show you a Bill of Sale where they bought and paid for the frequencies. If you check the part 95 of the FCC Rules and Regulations, it states that amateur frequencies belong to "everyone" on a shared basis. At least that's the way I interpret the rules.

          John-N4SHX

          All Outgoing and Incoming Mail is scanned by Norton Anti Virus!
          ---Well John nobody says it has to be there. But to go around the
          whole ordeal and not cause a big bunch of bull this is what I
          suggest. Here in my county there are already 3 simplex links in the
          area to avoid a big mess and making a fuss several of us have moved
          to the experimental allocation.

          In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "John N4SHX" <john.fish@v...> wrote:
          > Who made Echolink an experimental program???? If anyone can get
          ahold of an SERA (Southeastern Repeater Association) Journal and read
          their position on Echolink links youll find that their position is
          that you can use any allocated simplex frequency provided another
          service is not already using it on a full time basis. They also
          recommend the 440MHZ simplex frequencies, as there are mote of them
          available.

          > Enuf said.
          >
          > John N4SHX
          >

          > All Outgoing and Incoming Mail is scanned by Norton Anti Viru

          Service.