Re: Sorry for the confusion!

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2003
      --- In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "Kg4LMU_John" <kg4lmu@y...>
      wrote:
      > I think most of you may have gotten the idea now so I'll just leave
      > thing alone with the Echolinkhams Web page.The echolink yahoo group
      > is still going on about echolink text messaging. Mean while here in
      > echolinkhams I have covered a few new software downloads. Just
      > wondering if anyone has tried any of them? Be it recently or in the
      > past. The MMSSTV software seems to be the coolest. The soundcard
      > packet software Ahh ok. Lots of discussion to the new Echomac
      > software for mac computers really good looking program. As many of
      > you know the AO-40 is down. The Fcc hasnt opened the comment file
      on there web site as to the code. The wednesday night helpnet is
      tonight at 9:00pm est. *W8FSM* server has had a lot of stations
      connect up to it. The server itself is running smoothly and another
      server from
      > here in the great lakes state may be online soon. If you havent
      > stopped by the W8FSM server feel free to due so. I have been
      playing
      > with a set of homebuilt 2m 3element beams that dont work,but thats
      > ham radio. As for the 9/11 net theres a web site dedicated to the
      net
      > at www.911net.org n2lee/Lee did a fantastic job on the sight. For
      > information concerning the net go to that site. I dont have much
      > information concerning the net except for the basic concept that
      not
      > much has changed since last year. For those of you in the michigan
      > area check out the all new Michigan Echolinks yahoo group. Another
      > point of interest is Echolinks links. For those of you running
      > echolink links you might want to move your link into the
      experimental
      > allocation of which ever band your link is on. The subject was
      > brought up here locally and was suggested that echolink is not FM
      > simplex but a experimental mode. To overcome any related pressures
      > from anyone I moved my link into the experimental frequency
      > allocation. I hope those of you running links will take this advise
      > to heart and save yourself the time of explaining the link and why
      > your there. Some links have even been popping up on the 2m ssb
      > allocation which is just asking for trouble with local hams. To
      find
      > out where the experimental frequency's are located. Go to ARRL web
      > site and look up "Bandplan". This may help with any issues that may
      > arise in your area. Thanks to all members for sticking with the
      > ECHOLINKHAMS regardless of my bumbling E-mails and boring post's.
      As
      > usual if you or a repeater in your area would like more checkins
      via
      > echolink forward an e-mail to myself or the Echolinkhams yahoo
      group.
      > For those of you thinking of creating your own net. Feel free to
      send
      > me an e-mail. I hope to here all of the members check in to the 911
      > net september 11. Last but not least BPL for those of you who didnt
      > get a chance the time limit is either almost up or already expired
      > file your comment on the issue. Check the Fcc web site for more
      info.
      > Thanks and 73
      > kg4lmu_John
    • John N4SHX
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2003
        Who made Echolink an experimental program???? If anyone can get ahold of an SERA (Southeastern Repeater Association) Journal and read their position on Echolink links youll find that their position is that you can use any allocated simplex frequency provided another service is not already using it on a full time basis. They also recommend the 440MHZ simplex frequencies, as there are mote of them available.

        Enuf said.

        John N4SHX

        All Outgoing and Incoming Mail is scanned by Norton Anti Viru
        I think most of you may have gotten the idea now so I'll just leave
        thing alone with the Echolinkhams Web page.The echolink yahoo group
        is still going on about echolink text messaging. Mean while here in
        echolinkhams I have covered a few new software downloads. Just
        wondering if anyone has tried any of them? Be it recently or in the
        past. The MMSSTV software seems to be the coolest. The soundcard
        packet software Ahh ok. Lots of discussion to the new Echomac
        software for mac computers really good looking program. As many of
        you know the uo-14 is down. The Fcc hasnt opened the comment file on
[...]
        get a chance the time limit is either almost up or already expired to

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2003
          ---Well John nobody says it has to be there. But to go around the
          whole ordeal and not cause a big bunch of bull this is what I
          suggest. Here in my county there are already 3 simplex links in the
          area to avoid a big mess and making a fuss several of us have moved

          In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "John N4SHX" <john.fish@v...> wrote:
          > Who made Echolink an experimental program???? If anyone can get
          ahold of an SERA (Southeastern Repeater Association) Journal and read
          their position on Echolink links youll find that their position is
          that you can use any allocated simplex frequency provided another
          service is not already using it on a full time basis. They also
          recommend the 440MHZ simplex frequencies, as there are mote of them
          available.

          > Enuf said.
          >
          > John N4SHX
          >

          > All Outgoing and Incoming Mail is scanned by Norton Anti Viru

          Service.
        • John N4SHX
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 5, 2003
            I would have those "complainers" show you a Bill of Sale where they bought and paid for the frequencies. If you check the part 95 of the FCC Rules and Regulations, it states that amateur frequencies belong to "everyone" on a shared basis. At least that's the way I interpret the rules.

            John-N4SHX

            All Outgoing and Incoming Mail is scanned by Norton Anti Virus!
            ---Well John nobody says it has to be there. But to go around the
            whole ordeal and not cause a big bunch of bull this is what I
            suggest. Here in my county there are already 3 simplex links in the
            area to avoid a big mess and making a fuss several of us have moved
            to the experimental allocation.

            In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "John N4SHX" <john.fish@v...> wrote:
            > Who made Echolink an experimental program???? If anyone can get
            ahold of an SERA (Southeastern Repeater Association) Journal and read
            their position on Echolink links youll find that their position is
            that you can use any allocated simplex frequency provided another
            service is not already using it on a full time basis. They also
            recommend the 440MHZ simplex frequencies, as there are mote of them
            available.

            > Enuf said.
            >
            > John N4SHX
            >

            > All Outgoing and Incoming Mail is scanned by Norton Anti Viru

            Service.