Sorry for the confusion!

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2003
      I think most of you may have gotten the idea now so I'll just leave
      thing alone with the Echolinkhams Web page.The echolink yahoo group
      is still going on about echolink text messaging. Mean while here in
      echolinkhams I have covered a few new software downloads. Just
      wondering if anyone has tried any of them? Be it recently or in the
      past. The MMSSTV software seems to be the coolest. The soundcard
      packet software Ahh ok. Lots of discussion to the new Echomac
      software for mac computers really good looking program. As many of
      you know the uo-14 is down. The Fcc hasnt opened the comment file on
      there web site as to the code. The wednesday night helpnet is tonight
      at 9:00pm est. *W8FSM* server has had a lot of stations connect up to
      it. The server itself is running smoothly and another server from
      here in the great lakes state may be online soon. If you havent
      stopped by the W8FSM server feel free to due so. I have been playing
      with a set of homebuilt 2m 3element beams that dont work,but thats
      ham radio. As for the 9/11 net theres a web site dedicated to the net
      at www.911net.org n2lee/Lee did a fantastic job on the sight. For
      information concerning the net go to that site. I dont have much
      information concerning the net except for the basic concept that not
      much has changed since last year. For those of you in the michigan
      area check out the all new Michigan Echolinks yahoo group. Another
      point of interest is Echolinks links. For those of you running
      echolink links you might want to move your link into the experimental
      allocation of which ever band your link is on. The subject was
      brought up here locally and was suggested that echolink is not FM
      simplex but a experimental mode. To overcome any related pressures
      from anyone I moved my link into the experimental frequency
      allocation. I hope those of you running links will take this advise
      to heart and save yourself the time of explaining the link and why
      your there. Some links have even been popping up on the 2m ssb
      allocation which is just asking for trouble with local hams. To find
      out where the experimental frequency's are located. Go to ARRL web
      site and look up "Bandplan". This may help with any issues that may
      arise in your area. Thanks to all members for sticking with the
      ECHOLINKHAMS regardless of my bumbling E-mails and boring post's. As
      usual if you or a repeater in your area would like more checkins via
      echolink forward an e-mail to myself or the Echolinkhams yahoo group.
      For those of you thinking of creating your own net. Feel free to send
      me an e-mail. I hope to here all of the members check in to the 911
      net september 11. Last but not least BPL for those of you who didnt
      get a chance the time limit is either almost up or already expired to
      file your comment on the issue. Check the Fcc web site for more info.
      Thanks and 73
      kg4lmu_John
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2003
        --- In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "Kg4LMU_John" <kg4lmu@y...>
        wrote:
> [...]
        > out where the experimental frequency's are located. Go to ARRL web
        > site and look up "Bandplan". This may help with any issues that may
        > arise in your area. Thanks to all members for sticking with the
        > ECHOLINKHAMS regardless of my bumbling E-mails and boring post's.
        As
        > usual if you or a repeater in your area would like more checkins
        via
        > echolink forward an e-mail to myself or the Echolinkhams yahoo
        group.
        > For those of you thinking of creating your own net. Feel free to
        send
        > me an e-mail. I hope to here all of the members check in to the 911
        > net september 11. Last but not least BPL for those of you who didnt
        > get a chance the time limit is either almost up or already expired
        > file your comment on the issue. Check the Fcc web site for more
      • John N4SHX
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2003
          Who made Echolink an experimental program???? If anyone can get ahold of an SERA (Southeastern Repeater Association) Journal and read their position on Echolink links youll find that their position is that you can use any allocated simplex frequency provided another service is not already using it on a full time basis. They also recommend the 440MHZ simplex frequencies, as there are mote of them available.

          Enuf said.

          John N4SHX

          All Outgoing and Incoming Mail is scanned by Norton Anti Viru

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 3, 2003
            ---Well John nobody says it has to be there. But to go around the
            whole ordeal and not cause a big bunch of bull this is what I
            suggest. Here in my county there are already 3 simplex links in the
            area to avoid a big mess and making a fuss several of us have moved

            In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "John N4SHX" <john.fish@v...> wrote:
            > Who made Echolink an experimental program???? If anyone can get
            ahold of an SERA (Southeastern Repeater Association) Journal and read
            their position on Echolink links youll find that their position is
            that you can use any allocated simplex frequency provided another
            service is not already using it on a full time basis. They also
            recommend the 440MHZ simplex frequencies, as there are mote of them
            available.

            > Enuf said.
            >
            > John N4SHX
            >

            > All Outgoing and Incoming Mail is scanned by Norton Anti Viru

            Service.
          • John N4SHX
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 5, 2003
              I would have those "complainers" show you a Bill of Sale where they bought and paid for the frequencies. If you check the part 95 of the FCC Rules and Regulations, it states that amateur frequencies belong to "everyone" on a shared basis. At least that's the way I interpret the rules.

              John-N4SHX

              All Outgoing and Incoming Mail is scanned by Norton Anti Virus!
              ---Well John nobody says it has to be there. But to go around the
              whole ordeal and not cause a big bunch of bull this is what I
              suggest. Here in my county there are already 3 simplex links in the
              area to avoid a big mess and making a fuss several of us have moved
              to the experimental allocation.

              In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "John N4SHX" <john.fish@v...> wrote:
              > Who made Echolink an experimental program???? If anyone can get
              ahold of an SERA (Southeastern Repeater Association) Journal and read
              their position on Echolink links youll find that their position is
              that you can use any allocated simplex frequency provided another
              service is not already using it on a full time basis. They also
              recommend the 440MHZ simplex frequencies, as there are mote of them
              available.

              > Enuf said.
              >
              > John N4SHX
              >

              > All Outgoing and Incoming Mail is scanned by Norton Anti Viru

              Service.