Web Site

  • WB4RL
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 27, 2003
      I was looking for a place to put my website but
      decided to offer an interactive site that would allow
      me to put news, info and other items. I also thought
      "wouldn't it be cool if other nodes could do the same
      thing?" So, I'm offering everyone a chance to have a
      website that truely allows visitors to send you info
      and for you to place your website info online to them
      for free along with others. It's in a BBS style system
      that's free and easy to use.

      You don't have to pay for hosting or even know
      anything about how web programming works. Just type
      your info in and answer what others leave you...cool!

      If you would like your own space have a look and just
      drop me a request there (you'll see the section for
      that), leaving your callsign and node number. I'll add
      the space for you and have you online fast..

      Hope everyone likes it..

      73's WB4RL

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 27, 2003
        Now if you're still interested go to
        http://echonodes.proboards20.com/index.cgi

        73's

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • Patrick Cook, KB0OXD
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 27, 2003
          Hi everyone:

          I realize you may or may not have control over this, but people have popup killers for a reason.  If you want people to use your board, you're gonna have to find some way to put your ads SOMEWHERE ELSE besides in a popup window.  If you can't (or won't) do this, your board will just simply fall amongst the many hundreds of boards which just collect dust and don't get used.

          Fortunately, I was able to turn one killer off with a simple mouse click to avoid a browser crash and instruct the other to allow your popup, but others won't be so lucky.

          PLEASE take this into consideration.

          Just a little feedback  :-)

          Cheers for now & 73  :-)

          Patrick Cook, KB0OXD
          KB0OXD CyberShack Webmaster
          Owner - EchoLink Node 19905
          Rocky Mountain eQSO Conference Server - milehigh.dns2go.com (Port 10024)
          kb0oxd@...
          kb0oxd@...
          Denver, Colorado  USA  Grid Square - DM79
          http://www.qsl.net/kb0oxd/
          NEW WEBCAM PAGE - http://www.qsl.net/kb0oxd/webcam.html
          Remember....You can visit my Ham Radio websites and PLEASE REMEMBER TO SIGN THE GUESTBOOK!!!  Otherwise, I wouldn't know if you've even been there and you wouldn't want that.....would you???  :-) *batting eyebrows*
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 28, 2003
            Don't know what to tell you...I went there without pop
            up manager here at work and had no problems..

            Free hosting comes with some ads, popup and otherwise
            that I have no control over...the popups on this host
            seems to be ok...

            73's

            http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
          • Patrick Cook, KB0OXD
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 28, 2003
              Hi everyone:

              Try it WITH a popup killer and you'll see what I mean....

              Cheers for now & 73  :-)

              Patrick