Re: [ECHOLINKHAMS] Re: OK members need some Help??

  • John Fish
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 23, 2002

      The designers of the software should go back, redesign it so it will work thru firewalls. I will not disable mine. I Installed it in the first place, to protect me from unwanted hits on my computer and undesireable information from getting thru. It took me almost 6 months of deleting unwanted stuff from my computer with help of a computer expert friend of mine, before I installed the firewall. I wouldn't be without it for a minute. Even when I scan and defrag my computer weekly I leave the firewall and Antivirus programs running. These never get turned off. One of the main reasons was a virus in my computer last year which meant wiping the hard drive clean and starting over from scratch in order to get rid of the virus. This was not a lot of fun, and I have learned a few things since then about protecting your PC. I am sure that a solution to my problem is not far off, I just need help from someone who can talk me thru it to get it installed and working properly. I am using Windows ME and Zone Alarm Firewall. Everything else I have installed has worked properly from the first minute.

      Thanks, John Fish N4SHX john_n4shx@...

      I installed Echolink on two different computers both going through a Linksys wireless router (both computers hard wired to the router)  I just have to tell the ROUTER which computer to allow the signals through to use.  I disable Zonealarm and no problem at all.