Introducing New Ham K4SGM.

  • Steve Massey
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2003
      Hello!
               My name is Steve, K4SGM, from St. Petersburg, FL.  I am a new ham, finally fulfilling a dream of over 50 years. I have been  a SWL since I was about 8 years old, building radios, experimenting with antenna's, collecting QSL cards, etc. This ham license is going to open up a whole new world to me, as I am physically disabled, and pretty much housebound. I am a member of Handi-Hams, and also use  the Echo Link System and E-QSO to communicate. I joined a local club, the Metropolitan Repeater Assoc. at the Bay Pines VA Hospital.
              I am going to be looking to all of you experienced hams for a lot of technical help and advice. I hope to start out with a 2 meter/ 70 cm station, adding 6 meters by the end of the year. Any and all help will be GREATLY appreciated.
             73,  Steve.....K4SGM.....EchoLink node #  119304......grid #  EL87pt........

      Do you Yahoo!?