Possum Says: How to hire a carpenter.

  • Jim Thompson - w3lap - aka:possum
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28 7:11 PM
      Possum Says: How to hire a carpenter.

      The steps at the White House need some repairs so bids are taken from carpenters from across the country. First a carpenter from California looks it over. After a session of measuring and figuring he presents his bid. "I can do it for $9,000," he says. "I'd need $4,000 for materials, $4,000 for my crew, and $1,000 profit for me."

      Next a carpenter from Missouri does his measuring and calculating then says, "I'll do it for $7,000. $3,000 for materials, $3,000 for my crew, and $1,000 profit for me."

      Last a carpenter from Brooklyn steps up. Without even looking at the job site he says, "I'll do it for $27,000." Surprised at how high it is, the man taking the bids asks him to explain it. "It's simple," he says. "$10,000 for me, $10,000 for you, and we hire the guy from Missouri."

      ---
      Possum Says: Have a great day!

      .