POSSUM SAYS: Children are a gift from God

  • Jim Thompson - w3lap - aka:possum
    Message 1 of 3 , May 21, 2003
      Possum Says: Hey Gang
      You have probably heard this one many times but i thought it was good enough to pull from my stash of oldies and send again.
      Possum

      There was a preacher whose wife was expecting a baby so he went to the congregation and asked for a raise. After much consideration and
      discussion, they passed a rule that whenever the preacher's family expanded, so would his paycheck.

      After 6 children, this started to get expensive and the congregation decided to hold another meeting to discuss the preacher's salary. There
      was much yelling and bickering about how much the clergyman's additional children were costing the church. Finally, the preacher got up and spoke to the crowd, "Children are a gift from God," he said.

      Silence fell on the congregation. In the back of the room, a little old lady stood up and in her frail voice said, "Rain is also a gift from God,
      but when we get too much, we wear rubbers."

      ---
      73 de w3lap
      Jim Thompson - w3lap - aka:Possum

    • John
      Message 2 of 3 , May 21, 2003
        Why are you posting non Echolink info on the Echolink news group?????
[...]

        Upgrade Your Email - Click here!
      • Jim Thompson - w3lap - aka:possum
        Message 3 of 3 , May 21, 2003
          John
          We have been through this in the past and i left the group once before because of your complaints. I plan on staying this time. Many more members wanted the jokes than those that didn't. My post had everything to do with Echolink. A daily smile keeps your thought process going, it exercises that part of your brain that's inactive. Laughter also relieves you of those dreary long faces. Laughter also keeps your endorphins [sex hormones] going and it is medically proven that laughter is the bodys best medicine. So if you have problems in the future with my post of laughter then please use the delete key.

          My 2 cents.
          Possum - w3lap