Re: [ECHOLINKHAMS] Can I QSO using only my radio? More router troubles

  • kc4qlp@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2003
      In a message dated 5/4/03 10:35:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ernestmurphy@... writes:

      <<Can I initiate a QSO over Echolink when I have my HT in hand (and it isn't wired to
      an Internet-connected computer) and I'm within range of a local Echolink repeater?>>

      Absolutely!

      << I
      see a few DTMF codes on the Web, but they seem to be codes for particular nodes,
      not for general use. Presumably when I hear distant hams on my local Echolink
      repeaters, I can QSO with them using nothing more than my HT, right? I'd like to also
      initiate QSOs using only my radio. Is that possible or not?>>

      It is possible. If you know what codes to use to operate your local Echolink node...you'll be all set. All you have to do is key in the stations node number that you wish to contact.
      Most Echolink gateway stations are setup where all you have to do is punch just the node number to connect to that station and then to disconnect from that station is punch in #  . Some stations are setup differently..so check with your local sys op for the codes.
      There is a webpage where you can view who is and isnt online off of the echolink.org webpage.It includes the node numbers.

      Bob Carter
      Operations/Engineering--Max Media Radio Group
      WGAI-NewsRadio 560 AM Stereo .., WCXL 104.1 Beach 104..., WQDK 99.3
      Q-Country..., WWOC 94.5 WaterCountry 94.5
      Mid-Atlantic Engineering Services--providing radio stations with engineering
      services in the middle eastern Atlantic area.--Chief Engineer--WRCS-AM 970
      Ahoskie NC,WBXB-FM 100.1 Edenton NC,WURB-FM 97.7 Windsor NC,
      Ray Communications Radio Network-
      e-mail:matlnenginerinsc@...
      AM Stereo Radio list moderator-----
      amstereo-subcribe@...
                      Skywarn monitor-AKQ-Wakefield Va
                                 www.qsl.net/kc4qlp
      Echolink node # 56704 -- 145.250 VHF,440.850 UHF (PL 131.8)
                          Proposed Repeater-145.250