Re: non-meeting

  • michaelwolfwebster@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 16 11:49 AM
      Please - this is grossly unfair. I have personally called you Jeb and
      begged you to come. I sent an email asking if you would be willing to
      work out an agenda with me (to which you did not reply - consequently,
      I have not asked Paul to work on it either). It is not true that
      Andrew, Paul, and I are a clique - . As I have said before I don't
      favor either set of by-laws or boundaries in toto - I am NOT an agent
      for RW - not that anyone gives a d-mn

      The meeting will be moderated by a neutral person from the city
      supplied by DONE. I have not met her, briefed her, anything! I will
      personally guarantee you, Jeb, and EENC, a full hearing should you
      attend. Honestly - I think it would be productive! there is no need
      for "CAUTION".

      The meeting is not "for the benefit of Paul Gamburg, Andrew Garston, &
      Michael Webster ONLY " The meeting is for the same purpose that EENC
      meets: to contrive for this community to have an an accursed
      neighborhood council! I benefit only insofar as it might make the
      neighborhood a better place for my family and neighbors and all of us!

      A personal note: I have been trying lately to give some of my *limited*
      free time as a footsoldier in this or that neighborhood cause - EHPN,
      echopark CAC and not NCs - but finding the NC effort fatally divided I,
      perhaps naively thought that I, not being yet partisan in the conflict,
      could be of some use in helping bring about a reconciliation. Any
      agenda of mine is irrelevant anyway! the meeting is not going to be
      about me and my wishes! Here is the agenda I am proposing

      1 NCs brief overview

      2 Current state of affairs (ie 2 organizing efforts)

      3 Where do we go from here? proposals/suggestions

      If you have any suggestions, or want us to include a statement from
      yourself as an agenda item, let us make it so! I know you have put a
      lot of love and sweat into this effort, and I don't want to see it go
      down the drain either - surely two more hours isn't too much!

      Sincerely Michael