Re: The reason for the Glendale Corridor "Improvements"

  • perpetua98@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 10, 2001
      Bennett-
      Do you think there is any real chance of CalTrans widening the 101 freeway
      (as stated in your last message, "Add one lane in each direction between
      Vermont Avenue and the four level interchange. Future conversion to HOV lane
      between Glendale Boulevard and Vermont Avenue") Do you know how long they've
      been talking about this ? I would be personally affected by this since my
      home of 21 years is just north of the freeway, between the Silverlake and
      Vermont exits. My back yard is literally right next to the landscaped
      embankment and the freeway is close, but high up. The embankment is kind of
      like a wilderness and I really love having all the green out my southern
      windows, but if this expansion happens the freeway would be practically at my
      back door. Not to mention the loss of all that green. I am really disturbed
      even by the remote possibility that this may happen. Anything you can tell
      me about this would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention,
      Carol Cetrone
      323.669.8619