Dodgers petition about Scott Street Gate, Election reminder

  • Tad Yenawine
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 27, 2014
      Howdy All,
      Please take a moment to review and consider signing this petition about the Scott Street gate for Dodgers' Stadium:
      http://www.change.org/petitions/eric-garcetti-protect-our-residential-community-from-becoming-a-dodgers-parking-lot-by-creating-a-street-blockade-on-scott-ave-to-prevent-fans-access-to-local-roads?utm_source=supporter_message&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=supporter_message

      Also, a reminder about the upcoming election on April 12.  There will be a candidate forum on April 8 at 7 pm, refreshments provided, Cisneros Learning Academy, 1018 Mohawk Street.  There are many interesting candidates running and it is worthwhile hearing their concerns and points of view.

      This is my own point of view, and I do not speak in any way for the NC:

      The candidates for President are particularly interesting.  Kwazi Nkrumah has been a Board member for more than three years, has a good understanding of the complexities and nuances of the job, and has a strong record of progressive political views.  Jose Sigala represents a return to the past Board of Governors that many have been highly critical of.  Clint Carlton, an officer at the Dream Center, is virtually unknown at NC meetings and yet considers himself qualified to run for President of the Board.  Because of the structure of voter eligibility, it is possible for all of the members of the Dream Center to turn out and vote for one candidate if they choose to.  It is therefore extremely important that the Echo Park community turn out and vote if they would like a candidate a bit more connected to the neighborhood to serve.

      If you have questions about the candidates or election, please send me an email.
      Thank you
      Tad

      --
      Tad Yenawine
      VTS/Visual Understanding in Education

      “Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even usually surpassing knowledge.”  EJ Potter, RIP 2012
    • pbspeedo@sbcglobal.net