Fw: Reminder: Dodgers Opening Day Forum Thursday

  • EPIA
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 5, 2014

      Reminder: Dodgers Opening Day Forum Thursday

      REMINDER:
      Dodgers Opening Day Forum:
      Thursday, March 6

      The Dodgers Opening Day game is scheduled for Friday, April 4 at 1:10 pm. Opening Day always brings a lot of stress to the neighborhood.

      The EPIA has invited representatives from the Dodgers to present this year’s Opening Day Plan so you can be prepared. Representatives from LAPD, LADOT, Park Rangers, Select Patrol and City Council Districts 1 and 13 will be in attendance to address your questions and concerns.

      MARK YOUR CALENDARS and make sure you attend on Thursday, March 6 at 7:00 pm.

      All are welcome! Bring yourself, your neighbors, your input, and join us at Barlow Hospital, located at 2000 Stadium Way, in Williams Hall.

      Echo Park Town Hall: Dodgers Opening Day

      Thursday, March 6, 2014 at 7:00pm
      Williams Hall at Barlow Hospital, 2000 Stadium Way
      Meetings & Agendas
      Read the Newsletter

      Copyright © 2014 Echo Park Improvement Association
      You received this email because you signed our email list at a meeting or EPIA event, and we have added your email to our database.

      Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

    • Esther
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 5, 2014
        I have friends who live off of Scott and are not able to attend. If they draft a letter, can it be entered into the meeting minutes/notes?

        Thanks,

        Esther

        "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." - MLK, Jr.

              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 5, 2014
                Andrew just answered - he said, "Yes, come and be their reps", so I'll be there tomorrow representing friends and neighbors.

                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 5, 2014
                  We have to help them decide not to. ;-)

                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 5, 2014
                      It's not a satisfactory answer for all of us, and yet, we are all entitled to our say. To whom do we email?

                      Sent from my iPad

                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 5, 2014
                        This meeting topic is about Opening Day specifically.
                        Opening Day is hell, regardless if Scott gate situation.

                        Scott Gate may be an additional meeting.

                        If letter writing is called for, we will make sure to put info out there.

                        Andrew

                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 5, 2014
                          I have a different question about the traffic to Dodgers stadium. IF the 2 freeway project goes through, and there is no left turn allowed off the Glendale Blvd. North exit, then is all of the Dodgers traffic going to be pushed onto the flyover Glendale Boulevard South exit?

                          Message 12 of 15 , Mar 5, 2014
                            That would seem to be the case.

                            May EPIA Town Hall is tentatively CalTrans, and 2Freeway Terminus Project.

                            Good question to bring up.

                            BTW, April is GEPENC candidates forum, and June will be Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG).

                            Mark your calendars - first Thursday of the month.

                            Andrew

                            Message 13 of 15 , Mar 5, 2014
                              Add to this the apartments - I mean SFR's - are built at Clifford and Glendale and then the real fun will start! Yea!

                              Message 14 of 15 , Mar 5, 2014
                                The left hand turn removal is part of the $20 million dollar unfunded phase 2....So not in the forseeable future...
                              • Esther
                                Message 15 of 15 , Mar 5, 2014
                                  Yea!