Gorgeous GS Dog found by the 5 Fwy Glendale Blvd on ramp

  • Christine Peters
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2014
      From: <valeriepalmer@...>
      To: <ECHOPARKANIMALALLIANCE@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: 02 Mar 2014 13:38:26 -0800
      Subject: German Shepherd found at 5 North at Glendale Blvd
      A friend shared this on Facebook, so I am sharing this here with EPAA. For some reason I can't attach a photo...

      "driving to dinner last night exiting the 5 North at Glendale Blvd. we saw this guy (maybe girl, too hairy & wet to tell) to the right of the off ramp, about to cross onto the freeway; after quite a few attempts we managed to get him into the car, soaked & terrified & potentially injured, we stopped at the Village Vet in Silverlake to check for microchip & they offered to bathe him, feed him, check him out & keep him overnight (angels), we are headed to pick him this morning & our only option is to drop him at North Central shelter which is devastating- he's a purebred German Shepherd with an expensive collar, we know he has a home, now to spread the word to find his family- must be able to describe collar and his personality of course; any help is greatly appreciated, whether it may be a foster home for even a few nights or passing on this post; call us crazy but we couldn't just keep driving"

    • Andrew Garsten
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2014
        I saw a dog very much like this boy at Warren a little over a week ago.

        Do you think I should call them to try to identify the owner and contact him - seems like a long shot, but the proximity is there.

        andrew

        From: <valeriepalmer@...>
        To: <ECHOPARKANIMALALLIANCE@yahoogroups.com>
        Date: 02 Mar 2014 13:38:26 -0800

          From: <valeriepalmer@...>
          To: <ECHOPARKANIMALALLIANCE@yahoogroups.com>
          Date: 02 Mar 2014 13:38:26 -0800
[...]

      • cp00733
        Message 4 of 5 , Mar 4, 2014
          Dog has been reunited with owner in Eagle Rock...thanks to lots of facebook networking!
        • Esther
          Message 5 of 5 , Mar 4, 2014
            Hopefully they get him chipped now . . .