NOTICE: Echo Park NC Committee Meetings

  • Ari Bessendorf
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 8, 2014

      GEPENC Newsletter

      Notice of
      Committee Meetings - Tuesday February 11.

      Please join the Greater Echo Park Elysian Neighborhood Council for the following meetings on Tuesday February 11, 2014 at Cisneros Learning Academy, 1018 Mohawk St. Los Angeles, CA 90026.

      Our committees are forums for more in-depth discussions and formation of recommendations to the Board of Governors.

      WHAT:

      Committee discussion and possible action on the following items:

      Schools Libraries & Community Organizations:
      6:15 PM - 7:00 PM. Click here to view the full agenda

      • LAUSD's iPad Program
      • Formation of a Joint Committee on Homelessness with Silver Lake NC

      Planning and Land Use:
      7:00 PM. Click here to view the full agenda. All documents are available here.

      • Aragon Development projects at 1185 - 1245 Sunset Blvd. and 945 Everett St.
      • Alcoholic beverage permit at Senor Fish at 1801 Sunset Blvd.
      • Alcoholic beverage permit at 1525 Sunset Blvd. (former Barragan's site).
      • Barlow hospital's application for grading and retaining wall permits.
      • Preservation of the Figueroa Land Bridge.
      • Communication to SurveyLA on an extended Sunset Boulevard Community Design Overlay District.
      • Amendments to GEPENC's Developer Guidelines.

      Outreach:
      7:00 PM. Click here to view the full agenda.

      • Echo Park flag & logo contest
      • Election plan for the April 12th, 2014 Neighborhood Council Elections

      WHEN:

      Tuesday, February 11, 2014 SLCO at 6:15, PLUC and Outreach at 7:00 pm.

      WHERE:

      Sandra Cisneros Learning Academy Auditorium
      1018 Mohawk St., Los Angeles, CA 90026

      Parking is available in the rear outdoor lot. PLEASE DO NOT PARK INSIDE THE BUILDING.

      WHO:

      CONTACT:

      Reply to his email or send a message to info@... for more info, or visit our website or Facebook page

      These agendas will be physically posted more than 72 hours prior to the meetings in accordance with the Brown Act and is also available at echopark.org.

      We post all of our meeting agendas online, click here to view our next meeting.

      We post and share GEPENC events and neighborhood events on our
      Facebook page. Join us!

      gepenc.org

      Copyright © 2014 GEPENC

      You have received this email because you are a stakeholder, member of the press, or a member of government.

      P.O. Box 261046

      Los AngelesCA 90026

      Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

      GEPENC is a Neighborhood Council of the City of Los Angeles, operating under the Los Angeles Department of Neighborhood Empowerment.

      unsubscribe from this list
      update subscription preferences

      forward to a friendView email in your browser

    • pbspeedo@sbcglobal.net

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 10, 2014
          Hi,
          I believe the intent of a flag contest is to develop branding and logos, a la Eagle Rock or I (heart) NY, that would promote and represent the neighborhood, thereby bringing more people to Echo Park to support and appreciate our community.  The 'flag' would be a community resource and potentially be quite a boon to local businesses, etc.
          Thank you
          Tad

          --
          Tad Yenawine
          VTS/Visual Understanding in Education

          “Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even usually surpassing knowledge.”  EJ Potter, RIP 2012
        • pbspeedo@sbcglobal.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 10, 2014
            Thank you.

            There was a time, for an instant, that someone tried to re-name us Echo Park Village. You know, like Atwater and Valley?

            In a community of artists, I expected more than that.