Does it Take a Zealot to Change the World?

  • ericas521
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 27, 2014
      Join us at the Silver Lake library for two Discussion programs and a Concert - in which we consider the question: Does it Take a Zealot to Change the world?

      tomorrow night, Tuesday, January 28 at 6:30
      The Abolitionists: an historical overview
      An informal discussion that will look at the efforts made by the Abolitionists of the 1800 in their mission to abolish slavery. Selected clips from the film The Abolitionists will highlight the plight of these activists as they faced a seemingly unchangeable and entrenched socio-economic structure.
      and
      Tuesday, February 4 at 6:30
      The Abolitionists: modern day lessons
      Join us for an informal discussion of the parallels between the Abolitionist movement of the 1800s, the Civil rights movement of the 1960s, and modern day social justice movements for immigration reform, LGBT issues and more.

      Discussion leaders are Ursula Aldana, Adjunct Professor at Loyola Marymount and UCLA Civil Rights Project, and Pastor David K. Farley, Echo Park United Methodist Church and CLUE Giant of Justice recipient.

      Also - Join us for a CONCERT on Saturday Feb. 1 at 4:30
      Protest songs from the 1800s and a Dramatic Reading of the Emancipation Proclamation - with the Voices of a New Tomorrow Choir

      Erica

      Silver Lake Library
      2411 Glendale Blvd
      (at the corner of Silver Lake and Glendale Blvd)
      90039
      323-913-7451
    • Tad Yenawine
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 28, 2014
        My father is fond of saying, "It is a very fine line between crusader and dickhead."
        So true, I thought it bore repeating here...
        Keep the faith.
        Tad

        --
        Tad Yenawine
        VTS/Visual Understanding in Education

        “Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even usually surpassing knowledge.”  EJ Potter, RIP 2012
      • pbspeedo@sbcglobal.net