Film: 1/19 shut down Sunset Blvd 11pm-6am

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2014

      I got a filming survey yesterday that has the following description: If you object to or support it, I will include various contact information.

      Mort Productions ~ Mustache @ Sunset Blvd, Logan St - Lemoyne St

      Balloon lights & 18k lights. Talent brandishing prop guns from car to car. Condors and cranes in street. ITC IPC
      [Intermittent  Traffic Control / Intermittent Pedestrian Control]. Camera & equip on sidewalk, in curb & across the street. Wet Down. Extras walking on sidewalk. Posting of No Parking signs on B/S of Sunset from Logan - 150 W of Lemoyne & B/S of Lemoyne from Sunset Blvd going 300' each way.

      Mort Prod. company phone: 323-860-7100
      Location Manager Rod Bocate 310-902-3486 [I recommend this one to call & voice objections or support]
      Production Manager Julie Anderson 323-860-7100

      I immediately wrote my objections and faxed it to FilmLA as follows: ABSOLUTELY NOT. No overnight - No lane closures - No guns brandished - No condor - No crane - No intrusive lights (I ran out of room at this point).

      We have filming guidelines for Echo Park, which I remind everyone are not binding, but only will be enforced with the continued support of the community. If you want to see the guidelines, click on the pdf or if it doesn't work go to the bottom of this email, click on the forum's website, go to files and scroll to this file:

      The last time someone wanted to close down the blvd it was Warner Bros, and that incident led
      (eventually) to the successful City Council passing of the guidelines.
      It seems obvious that closing down Sunset would be a problem no matter where, but let me remind everyone that
      there isno good detour, except going around on residential streets. Also, if the buses are detoured, they usually don't even attempt
      to come through here, they get routed down Temple, up Alvarado, and then back onto Sunset. That leaves people
      dependenton the buses out of luck.

      LET ME BE CLEAR. I'M NOT AGAINST FILMING. I AM AGAINST MAKING RESIDENT'S LIVES MISERABLE.

      I talked to someone at CD13, who said they'll work on it tomorrow, Thursday. I have complete confidence they will, Mitch has been SUPREMELY supportive to this community and personally sat through a year of intense meetings with the film industry to hammer out the guidelines (I know I was there).

      Another agency to notify of objections or salutations is Film LA:

      ph:  213.977.8600
      fx: 213.977.8610
      213.977.8659
      emergency: 866-633-7533

       Thanks everyone!

      Malcolm Schenot
      Echo Park, Los Angeles

    • Kelly Erickson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 16, 2014
        Thanks Malcolm! What's the date of the filming?

        --
        Kelly Erickson
        www.EchoParkNow.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 16, 2014