vendor at Echo Lake Sunday am, about 9:40-10:30 or later

  • Judith Raskin
    Message 1 of 36 , Oct 20, 2013
      A physical trainer took over a good sized hunk of the north east lawn this morning (about half-tennis court size) and spread out about ten mats, set up a table with a basket and other stuff.  When I passed by a short time later, at least a dozen people were synchronized to the trainer's instructions.

      This person is probably charging while using prime lawn space at the park.  This is just as bad as the guys on blankets selling used clothing.  How do we stop this?  Adam?  Christine?

      Judy Raskin
    • Michael Lawler
      Message 36 of 36 , Oct 29, 2013
        The idea that the boathous has to be repainted its "historic" color (which Michael O'Brien points out is an unknown hue) is a fool's errand indeed.  I don't think the color is of any cultural historic relevance at all.  It's simply plain wasteful.

        The notion that the city could blithely toss $47k at the job which should cost at most 20% of that amount is simply demonstrative of how dysfunctional our city government is, why we're in the financial mess we're in, why the streets are a mess, why many sidewalks are unwalkable, and why there's trash piled everywhere.  Our tax dollars are simply being whimsically wasted by our elected officials.  It makes one laugh through the tears.

        ml

        At 06:42 AM 10/29/2013, you wrote:

        Adding my voice to the chorus -- 47K? It's a small building. How could it cost that much?