Re: (unknown)

  • ms360b
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 23, 2013
      Hi there,

      If you're talking about the PO on Glendale Blvd where Revere deadends, there's a branch library just across the street (and stoplights at that corner) with a parking lot behind it. It would mean a bit of a walk but better than driving around trying to find street parking.
      The lot (now fenced off) next to the PO used to be open but with all the financial problems the USPS has, paying higher and higher charges to rent land for a parking lot didn't make sense to them.

      The PO for 90065 (Eagle Rock, parts of Mt Washington, Glassell Park, etc) is scheduled to close in the future and the newer building (with a nice large parking lot) on Figueroa and Colorado will handle all the mail for the mixed areas. The parking lot for this (older) PO was a huge hassle--very few spaces and people who parked on the street would block the drive-up boxes...or for their own convenience, take two parking spaces to make driving out easier. It's my will-call PO and I hate having to go there under any circumstances.

      --- In EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com, Isa Meksin <lagunaecho@...> wrote:

      > If is the parking lot enclosed, south of the auto parts co., I tried to
      > park there and was told it was private. So the only parking area for the
      > p.o. I know is the little one on the north side of the p.o. Other than
      > that, it's the street.
      >

      > On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 7:41 AM, Michael obrien <mobla26@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > http://la.curbed.com/archives/2013/09/post_office_parking_lot_development_action_in_atwater_echo_park.php
      > >
      > > Michael O'Brien

    • Rhonda Anjelly
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 24, 2013
        be careful parking in that parking lot behind the library, I am pretty sure it is marked for library patrons only and I'm pretty sure they have cameras.  I've never seen anyone towed or anything but just an FYI.  However thay cross street where the library parking is (Revere) at that light generally has free street parking. I know it still doesn't help the parking lot issue, but just offering some tips for now

        On Monday, September 23, 2013, ms360b wrote:

        More info on the Atwater PO parking and parcel next door.

        http://atwatervillagenews.blogspot.com/2013/09/developer-seeks-to-cram-8-residential.html?spref=tw

        I know this is not Echo Elysian Parks specific but since the subject was raised here....

        --

        www.blueearthbound.com