Re: [EchoElysianNCForum] Re: CCAC

  • pbspeedo@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 18, 2013
      I'm very sorry. How is Marianne?

      On Aug 18, 2013, at 12:05 PM, "cp00733" <peterscp007@...> wrote:

      Mostly Dave Bermudez and a small crew..... They had to lay off a lot of staff due to budget cuts..

      --- In EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com, pbspeedo@... wrote:

      > Who does the painting out?

    • cp00733
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 18, 2013
        She's hanging in there......it's hard not having Gloria at the center....with budget cuts and the economy they are piecing it together....I'll put the word out the next time they do rummage sale....it pays for the kids field trips...

        cp

      • pbspeedo@sbcglobal.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 18, 2013
          We love them.

          On Aug 18, 2013, at 2:11 PM, "cp00733" <peterscp007@...> wrote:

          She's hanging in there......it's hard not having Gloria at the center....with budget cuts and the economy they are piecing it together....I'll put the word out the next time they do rummage sale....it pays for the kids field trips...

          cp

          --- In EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com, pbspeedo@... wrote:

          > I'm very sorry. How is Marianne?
          >
          > On Aug 18, 2013, at 12:05 PM, "cp00733" <peterscp007@...> wrote:
          >

          > > Mostly Dave Bermudez and a small crew..... They had to lay off a lot of staff due to budget cuts..
          > >
          > > --- In EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com, pbspeedo@ wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Who does the painting out?

        • Cindy Ortiz
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 18, 2013

            David & Maryanne,

            How can this community assist CCAC?

            Cindy O.

            =======
            http://www.pctools.com
            =======

          • idatalalla@...
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 18, 2013
              CCAC has provided this community with outstanding service at a number of levels.
              The cuts were unfortunate and needlessly penalized an organization that acted with
              service to the community as its core operation. We, as a community, need to make sure these
              cuts do not impact such a  service organization in the future.. For starters E-Mail / write to your Council Members in Council  Districts 1 & 13

              Lobby the Office of the Mayor when the City Budget is being shaped.
              Go  to a City  Council session and speak up for CCAC during session.
              (Under Public Comments if it is not an agenda item).
              Speak up at a Public Works Commission Meeting. CCAC is a sub contractor and as
              such comes under the Commission's  purview. Your participation needs to continue.  Track
              what the allocations are. Call/e-mail to see what progress has been made.

              Call the City's 311 number to find out how to get in touch with those mentioned here.
              Speak up for valid and invaluable services provided by organizations in the community such as
              Central City Action Committee. CCAC is a not-for profit organization. A  contribution, will be put
              to good use that benefits community. Central City Action Committee is a crown jewel in this community
              whose service is appreciated and must  be  supported  if  its future is to be assured.

              Ida Talalla

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 20, 2013
                Central City Action Committee - phone 311 and give specific location, ask for confirmation number (to be able to follow up) and the truck/paints are kept at the fire station.

                On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 11:59 AM, <pbspeedo@...> wrote:

                Who does the painting out?