Re: 4 ficus trees on Sunset slated for demolition

  • Tad Yenawine
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 16, 2013
      Hi Rosie,
      I would like you to be more careful in your responses.
      I did not offer an opinion on the gang injunction at all, merely forwarded postings by concerned community members and offered an explanation of what another point of view might be.
      I also read your original post carefully and some of the issues you mentioned you would like to see addressed, instead of tree removal, might be addressed by actual tree removal.  So I replied that perhaps a different solution could be found; others suggested root pruning which sounds like a way to address all of your concerns and the city's concerns without removing the trees at all, again, to your original point.
      If you repeatedly fail to consider what other parties might think about an issue, you will not be a productive force in the community, and you are less likely to get what you want.  If you assume you know what some one else thinks, particularly when you have not read what they have written carefully enough to understand it, then you are opening yourself up to counter productive discussions.
      And finally, if you criticize my and other postings while not understanding them, you not only risk offending someone, you also devalue your own voice in the conversation, as well as going forward.

      I get it.  You want the tress to stay.  So do I.  There might be a way to do that, but you need to pay attention and not attack people that are on your side, as well as consider the issue from a global point of view.

      Apology accepted.

      Thank you
      Tad

      --
      Tad Yenawine
      VTS/Visual Understanding in Education

      “Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even usually surpassing knowledge.”  EJ Potter, RIP 2012