Re: [EchoElysianNCForum] Radio station

  • Judith Raskin
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 22, 2013
      I've had similar problems.  Ask your phone company to install filters on the phone lines.  These little boxes replace the plug-in boxes you already have but handle the interference.  -- Judy Raskin

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 22, 2013
        Hi Anna,

        If it's a mobile, the filter won't work. It's time to go to the FCC:
        http://www.fcc.gov/guides/interference-defining-source

        If it's a landline, then here's what Judith was talking about:
        http://forums.att.com/t5/Setup-and-Self-Install/A-M-Interference-HELP-PLEASE/td-p/2353479
        Good luck!
        ms360 gabriele

        --- In EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com, Judith Raskin <echoparkcac@...> wrote:

        > I've had similar problems.  Ask your phone company to install filters on the phone lines.  These little boxes replace the plug-in boxes you already have but handle the interference.  -- Judy Raskin
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Annalisa Magnusson
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 23, 2013
          Thanks so much. The FCC laughed. This has gone on for 42 years. No filters. No land lines. Phones work. Internet doesn't. I appreciate all help.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 23, 2013
            I use cable internet and pay the extra because it's impossible to get internet over the phone lines in my building.

            One of the dsl installers confessed to me on the side that this neighborhood is known to have interference, but ATT pretends the problem doesn't exist.

            Malcolm Schenot
            Echo Park, Los Angeles

            Thanks so much. The FCC laughed. This has gone on for 42 years. No filters. No land lines. Phones work. Internet doesn't. I appreciate all help.

            On Jul 22, 2013, at 10:35 PM, "ms360b" <gabriele360@...> wrote:

            Hi Anna,

            If it's a mobile, the filter won't work. It's time to go to the FCC:
            http://www.fcc.gov/guides/interference-defining-source

            If it's a landline, then here's what Judith was talking about:
            http://forums.att.com/t5/Setup-and-Self-Install/A-M-Interference-HELP-PLEASE/td-p/2353479
            Good luck!
            ms360 gabriele

            --- In EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com, Judith Raskin <echoparkcac@...> wrote:

            > I've had similar problems.  Ask your phone company to install filters on the phone lines.  These little boxes replace the plug-in boxes you already have but handle the interference.  -- Judy Raskin

          • Lisa Magnusson