Parking ticket help

  • Kelly Erickson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 2013
      Hi all,

      Recently my husband and I went out of town for just a few days, parking his van down the street near Elysian Park on Scott Avenue to avoid the whole Thursday/Friday street sweeping game of parking spots.

      This is a spot that we normally park at, and many of the neighbors as well, and it's just at the bend of Scott Avenue before going down to the park. So while we were gone, they put up a No Parking at any time sign, accompanied by a very expensive ticket on our vehicle, we're guessing as soon as the sign went up. C'mon!

      We're definitely going to fight the ticket on this basis, but I'm hoping to have some more information on when the sign was installed, who installed it, and more so that I have something more concrete than a "that's not fair" letter. So far, LADOT reps claim they did not put up the sign, and Rec & Parks has nothing to do with it either, each pointing the finger at one another. I also want to find out who can take the sign down - there are days when that is literally the only place to park, but I suspect it was a neighbor who requested the sign since occasionally there are campers parked there.

      I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for this sort of thing!

      Thanks in advance!

      --
      Kelly Erickson
    • ckruzan25