Fwd: Dr. Lindner animal rescue seeks CUP

  • Carol Cetrone
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2013
    this is from an old friend of mine and it was so easy to paste and email, please consider doing that.

    Begin forwarded message:

    Date: June 29, 2013
    Subject: My friend Dr. Lorin Lindner in CA, rescues wolves and other animals.

     I hope you don't mind me sending this once in a great while letter asking you to read and then hopefully write a letter of support so my friends can continue the amazing work they do in CA for animals.  Lorin and I met more than 35 years ago.  She was (and still is) a psychologist in LA, who also loved and cared for parrots.  Since that time, her passions have grown exponentially to include other animals-both in the East LA area where her efforts to help veterans in their rehabilitation and assimilation processes, have garnered her national attention, and in the Lockwood Valley location where she and her husband Matthew have devoted their lives to rescuing wolves.

    Feel free to google this fascinating journey they have been on, and after you read a little, I'd encourage you to hand write a letter, or at the least send a quick note via email.

    Thank you so much,

    This request is specifically for her Lockwood Valley Facility
    Begin forwarded message:

    From: Dr Lorin Lindner <docllindner@...>
    Date: June 29, 2013, 9:53:40 PM EDT
    please help LARC

    Hello Friends and Family!
    Lockwood Animal Rescue Center (LARC) needs you now!  LARC has been working for one year with Ventura County to get a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) in order to keep our sanctuary open.  We are in the last stage of this process which asks for Public Comments.  Without the CUP LARC will not be able to stay in operation – so this is very important.  Just one letter from everyone can make a really big difference for all of the animals currently at LARC and all those we will be able to rescue in the future.  Feel free to forward to others who you think might send a letter - all letters are important - pass along far and wide!
    Please write a quick note with one or more of the following points (these are the main points of concern) or use the sample letter below (changing the wording a little would help).  Letters carry far more weight than an email!!  If you must send an email or a fax the numbers are listed below.  Please remember that we have worked closely with Ventura County staff and we want to keep up positive relations with them since they have been helpful through this long process – this is due no later than July 19, 2013!
    1-Lockwood Animal Rescue Center (LARC) utilizes some of the largest and most secure enclosures for rescued animals that exists  – many of the animals would have been euthanized otherwise.
    2-The rescue and sanctuary of animals is critical at a time when animal shelters are able to take in fewer animals and have reduced funding.  It is important for nonprofit organizations to pick up the baton and help with the rescue and placement of animals in need.
    3-The founders of LARC specifically went to a rural area with few neighbors in order to open this sanctuary.  They are friendly, caring neighbors.  The animals at LARC cannot get out, the enclosures are state of the art and extremely secure.
    4- The enclosures at LARC are kept extremely clean and the animals appear very happy.   They are given loving attention and are fed a great diet.  LARC purchased property far away from neighbors in order to open this sanctuary – if not there then where?
     5- There are many packs of coyotes in this area and I think some of the neighbors think the coyotes’ yapping are the wolves at LARC.  There are also many dogs – some of which roam the neighborhood and have no known owners.  These dogs bark but the fact is that wolfdogs do not bark and we never hear them. (for residents of Lockwood Valley)
     Please email Josias Gonzalez:

    BUT the most help to LARC would be to mail a letter (this is also attached to this email as a Word document to make it easy to edit and print):
    Josias Gonzalez
    County of Ventura
    Resource Management, Planning Division
    800 S. Victoria Avenue
    Ventura, CA  93009-1740
     Re: Case Number: PL12-0141 -  Conditional Use Permit for the Lockwood Animal Rescue Center
    Dear Mr. Gonzalez,
     I am writing this letter on behalf of the Lockwood Animal Rescue Center (LARC)‘s request for a Conditional Use Permit (CUP).   I support LARC getting a CUP because they have complied with all County, State and Federal requirements and have all intentions to be a state of the art facility for the rescue of animals.  Almost all of the animals they rescue come from animal shelters, including from Ventura County’s shelter, and these animals would have been euthanized otherwise because people claim they have wolf or wolfdog in them.   That designation is often a death sentence for dogs unless they go to a certified sanctuary.   LARC places some of these animals in sanctuaries around the country.
    Matthew Simmons and Lorin Lindner, the founders of LARC , specifically went to a rural area with few neighbors in order to open this sanctuary.  They researched other sanctuaries to see what works best.  The enclosures are extremely secure, kept impeccably clean, and the animals are given love and daily attention.   With no neighbors in sight – where else should a facility like this be placed, a facility that is critical for the rescue of animals when shelters are losing funding and closing down.
    If not in remote Lockwood Valley then where?  Please grant LARC the CUP so they can continue their important work.
    Thank you for your time and attention to this important matter.