Re: [EchoElysianNCForum] Lassen's coming to old Pioneer market location

  • Annalisa Magnusson
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 26, 2013
      Not OUR Peter Lassen?

      On Jun 26, 2013, at 2:31 PM, Esther <nest7c@...> wrote:

      Not sure if y'all had heard this or not:

      http://www.theeastsiderla.com/2013/06/organic-foods-store-coming-to-echo-park/

      I'm a bit disappointed, as I had hoped for a TJ's. *sigh*  (Of note, the family who owns Lassen's supported prop. 8.) I have been to the Lassen's in Los Feliz, and the prices seem to be on par with Whole Foods. Has anyone heard about the rumors of a Whole Foods coming to where the Ralph's currently is on Glendale at Fletcher?

      Cheeri-o,

      Esther

      "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." - MLK, Jr.

    • Peter Lassen
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 28, 2013
        No, Lisa, the Peter Lassen who runs Lassen's Natural Foods is not one of my family members. Lassen's is based in Ventura County.
        I understand that Mr. Lassen was an active supporter of Prop 8, and has  engaged in other homophobic activities. One of the advantages of living in Echo Park is that it is such a heterogeneous community. Many of the residents,here, are LGBT, and I will not patronize a corporation that actively rejects a large section of our community.
        While it is nice to get a natural foods outlet in our neighborhood, given
        their out-of-the -mainstream views, I just can't support this particular one comming into Echo Park(or Silverlake, for that matter).
        I will be happy to reconsider my opinion if that other Peter Lassen would  publically rejeect his previous homophobic views and support what I believe is the majority view of our community.
        Pete

        Peter Lassen
        PLassen839@...
[...]

        • Steve Moses
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 28, 2013
            I wouldn't step foot in the place and hope he goes belly up.

            Steve

            --- In EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com, Peter Lassen <plassen839@...> wrote:

            > No, Lisa, the Peter Lassen who runs Lassen's Natural Foods is not one of my family members. Lassen's is based in Ventura County.
            > I understand that Mr. Lassen was an active supporter of Prop 8, and has  engaged in other homophobic activities. One of the advantages of living in Echo Park is that it is such a heterogeneous community. Many of the residents,here, are LGBT, and I will not patronize a corporation that actively rejects a large section of our community.
            > While it is nice to get a natural foods outlet in our neighborhood, given
            > their out-of-the -mainstream views, I just can't support this particular one comming into Echo Park(or Silverlake, for that matter).
            > I will be happy to reconsider my opinion if that other Peter Lassen would  publically rejeect his previous homophobic views and support what I believe is the majority view of our community.
            > Pete
            >
            > Peter Lassen
            > PLassen839@...
          • Annalisa Magnusson
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 28, 2013
              Seems like he did no demographic study at all. He would never have in here, during any era.