AT&T

  • Annalisa Magnusson
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 25, 2013
      Does anyone have AT&T for their Internet? And does it run unbearably slow? Like 2 hours to download iTunes, etc.?
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 26, 2013

        I just signed off of one server, for exactly that problem, among others.  My new system is MailChimp, which has a free service,

        Or like mine, unlimited size or number for #30 bucks a month.  Check it out.

        ed

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 26, 2013
          Not quite that slow, but it can depend on the time of day.

          We, here on Sargent Place and Court, suffer from a painfully inconsistent signal, drop-outs in the middle of downloads, requiring one to start again. That is the most exasperating feature of the digital world, as well as being informed that we are 640 feet outside the strong signal capability zone. It's tough to live in rural Echo Park.
          Apparently, we'll just have to wait for the fiber-optic cable to be put into action to improve our signal, with no sure time or date for that to happen!!!!

          Enjoy your modern, digital world.

          Noel

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 26, 2013
              It really does depend on where you live in the neighborhood. Folks that
              are not too far from Elysian Heights Elementary enjoy very hi and
              consistent bandwidth because there is a fiber optic cable that was run
              to that school.

              andrew

              On 6/25/13 2:48 PM, Annalisa Magnusson wrote:

              > Does anyone have AT&T for their Internet? And does it run unbearably
              > slow? Like 2 hours to download iTunes, etc.?

            • Michael obrien
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 26, 2013
                I get good service--but, then, it depends on whether or not someone in the hood is streaming video, whether or not the servers are overloaded, etc.

                Michael O'Brien

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 26, 2013
                  Drives me insane.

                  On Jun 26, 2013, at 4:29 PM, Michael obrien <mobla26@...> wrote:

                  I get good service--but, then, it depends on whether or not someone in the hood is streaming video, whether or not the servers are overloaded, etc.

                  Michael O'Brien

                  Does anyone have AT&T for their Internet? And does it run unbearably slow? Like 2 hours to download iTunes, etc.?

                • Michael Lawler
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 26, 2013
                    We have AT&T DSL, and we're pretty dissatisfied with it.  The speed we get is positively 20th century, too slow to stream any video other than the really low rez stuff.  And it stalls constantly.  Streaming even of audio just halts for many seconds at a time.  And the modem is unreliable -- it drops the signal and needs user intervention way more often than it should.  All in all, unacceptable.  It's only inertia that's keeping us from moving to the 21st century and switching to cable (that, and the fact that Time Warner never impressed us as a company when it was our cable TV provider).  But AT&T refuses to modernize its service in the heart of Los Angeles, so I guess people are going to be voting with their feet.

                    ml

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 26, 2013
                      I've found a solution is to close your browser completely, then open it up again. usually clears out the congestion.