Fwd: SLNC Transgender Task Group

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2013

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: Teresa Sitz <teresa.sitz@...>
    Date: Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 5:33 PM
    Subject: SLNC Transgender Task Group
    To: Teresa Sitz <teresa.sitz@...>

    Hi Everyone!

    At the last SLNC Governing Board Meeting the SLNC voted to approve the creation of a Transgender Task Group to "research issues of transgender discrimination and to propose policies, actions and events designed to increase transgender visibility and to make Silver Lake more welcoming to transgender persons."

    Activists from transgender advocacy groups, youth from transgender youth programs, and member of the Silver Lake community will be present to discuss projects to take on between now and November 20th, the Transgender Day of Remembrance.

    We would love to have you join us in our efforts, on the 27th, or another time.

    We'll be meeting Thursday, June 27, 2013, 7:00 - 9:00 pm at Los Globos, 3040 W Sunset Blvd  Los Angeles, CA 90026.

    Please forward to your lists.

    NOTE: If the Supreme Court announces its decision on Prop 8 on June 27, please check the SLNC calendar to make sure this meeting is still taking place: http://silverlakenc.org/calendar/

    Thank you,