Re: [EchoElysianNCForum] proper recycling

  • Kelly Erickson
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 24, 2013

      I don't know the answer to your question but I actually have one of those for my grill too, and I was wondering where you would go to fill it up? All I see are the larger tank swapping at places like walgreens, but no smaller refill places.
      Thanks!
      -kelky

      On Jun 24, 2013 9:50 AM, "Rhonda Anjelly" <plantsun@...> wrote:

      Hello!

      I have some empty miniature propane tanks from grilling. Does anyone know where I can take these for proper disposal or a hazardous waste disposal center?

      Thanks!

      --

      www.blueearthbound.com

    • Michael Lawler

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 24, 2013
          The smaller ones are not designed to be refilled. Coleman tanks includes a small green plastic valve to insert when the tank is 'empty' that allows all of the propane to vent out allowing you to recycle the tanks. I'm not sure if the city allows this but I toss them in the blue bin. Those without the green valve I take to toxic drop off since they still have residual fuel.
          Call 311.

          S c o t t     F a j a c k
                  via  iPhone

          On Jun 24, 2013, at 9:55 AM, Kelly Erickson <kellymarie2001@...> wrote:

          I don't know the answer to your question but I actually have one of those for my grill too, and I was wondering where you would go to fill it up? All I see are the larger tank swapping at places like walgreens, but no smaller refill places.
          Thanks!
          -kelky

          On Jun 24, 2013 9:50 AM, "Rhonda Anjelly" <plantsun@...> wrote:

          Hello!

          I have some empty miniature propane tanks from grilling. Does anyone know where I can take these for proper disposal or a hazardous waste disposal center?

          Thanks!

          --

          www.blueearthbound.com

        • Michael obrien
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 24, 2013
            hazardous waste is collected at the LA/Glendale water treatment plant (off Colorado in Atwater) weekends during business hours. google directions, since they can be confusing.

            Michael O'Brien

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 24, 2013
                Perfect! Thanks so much!

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 24, 2013
                  I filled up at the gas station corner of Sunset and Alvarado yesterday...( I don't usually go there, but I was wayyyyy empty!) They do propane refills...or at least they have a sign that says they do!!

                  cp

                  --- In EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com, Kelly Erickson <kellymarie2001@...> wrote:

                  > I don't know the answer to your question but I actually have one of those
                  > for my grill too, and I was wondering where you would go to fill it up? All
                  > I see are the larger tank swapping at places like walgreens, but no smaller
                  > refill places.
                  > Thanks!
                  > -kelky
                  > On Jun 24, 2013 9:50 AM, "Rhonda Anjelly" <plantsun@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > Hello!
                  > >
                  > > I have some empty miniature propane tanks from grilling. Does anyone know
                  > > where I can take these for proper disposal or a hazardous waste disposal
                  > > center?
                  > >
                  > > Thanks!
                  > >

                  > > --
                  > >
                  > > www.blueearthbound.com