Greg Palast: The Drone Ranger: Obama's Dirty Wars

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24 6:44 AM
      From: SECULARHUMANIST@yahoogroups.com On Behalf Of Greg Dempsey
      Subject: The Drone Ranger: Obama’s Dirty Wars

      The Drone Ranger: Obama’s Dirty Wars
      By Greg Palast for Vice Magazine
      Thursday, 13. June 2013

      About the time Barack Obama ordered the drone strike that killed
      Abdul-Rahman al-Awlaki, the 16-year-old American kid Facebooked his
      second-rate choice of hip-hop favorites. I say “second-rate,” because Abdul
      was my son’s age almost exactly, so I know the kind of crap they listen to.

      Every Tuesday, President Obama personally checks off the names of people he
      wants killed.  George Bush, a bit more squeamish than Obama, never did that;
      but Mr. Obama felt those decisions were the president’s responsibility: he
      want[s] to keep his own finger on the trigger,” according to one report.  A
      tidy, scheduled man, the President only picks his victims once a week, now
      called “Terror Tuesday.”

      Read Ricardo’s story in Palast's highly acclaimed book Vultures' Picnic.

      Greg Palast is also author of the New York Times bestsellers Billionaires &
      Ballot Bandits: How to Steal an Election in 9 Easy Steps, The Best Democracy
      Money Can Buy and Armed Madhouse.

      For media requests contact us.

       Follow Palast on Twitter | Like Palast on Facebook | Forward to a friend
      Subscribe to Palast's Newsletter | Podcasts